What a sad state of affairs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I quite like the burgers. I can eat a few of their chips but the buns are quite unspeakable.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Milkshakes are good, especially banana flavour.
Chips/fries (:rolleyes:) are good but only if fresh and hot.
Quarter pound cheeseburger is fine once the gherkin has been dispatched to the bin where it belongs.
So IMHO McD's is OK for what it is. The average clientele though, jeez.. I am no snob, but really... especially the lazy nobbers who will queue for half an hour at the drive thru, rather than park up, go inside and get served in 5 minutes. Then they insist on dumping the packaging outside the car door rather than walk to the bin 10 yards away.

Stephenite

Membå
I've been waiting for this one to come round again. Sort of.

I've said on here several times that i just can't palate the McD product. It has always had an 'unfulfilling' flavour and texture to me. But the missus and the kids love it and i've been many times in the past few years. We've been that often that my palate seems to have changed! And now, the burgers don't have that moist cardboard aftertaste they used to. The food isn't like the meat, potatoes, salad and bread from the farmhouse kitchen of yore. It's of it own, I suppose, and I've grown accustomed to it. I've even enjoyed it tbh :ohmy:

Slick

Guru
I've been waiting for this one to come round again. Sort of.

I've said on here several times that i just can't palate the McD product. It has always had an 'unfulfilling' flavour and texture to me. But the missus and the kids love it and i've been many times in the past few years. We've been that often that my palate seems to have changed! And now, the burgers don't have that moist cardboard aftertaste they used to. The food isn't like the meat, potatoes, salad and bread from the farmhouse kitchen of yore. It's of it own, I suppose, and I've grown accustomed to it. I've even enjoyed it tbh :ohmy:
I was like that when I started smoking. :okay:

Drago

Legendary Member
It's fithy, unhealthy pap.

Give me a kebab over a Mickey D any time.

For the money, speed and convenience its hard to be beat McDonalds and most fast food. For every McDonalds and fast food joints, there must be 3 or 4 cafes, eateries and restaurants that comes with poor service, inconsistent food quality, questionable hygiene and a waste of good money.

Small towns and villages that do not have them yearn for them as it does indicate there is hope for such places. It is also a convenient and safe place for the many especially the young and school going to meet.

There is also the negatives. Remember the Upsize scandal documentary that led to a good outcome in terms of better quality and introduction of healthy options.

So it is up to us to keep a keen eye so they are kept on the straight and narrow.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
See, those of us who can remember a proper Wimpy are perfectly entitled to slag off MacD’s
I've been walking past the local Wimpy for at least 20 years without going in. I do have fond memories of visiting when younger - it tastes better than Mcs, but not good enough to be worth the passing of empires whilst they cook it.

Don't know how they stay in business.

Top Bottom