What a sad state of affairs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been walking past the local Wimpy for at least 20 years without going in. I do have fond memories of visiting when younger - it tastes better than Mcs, but not good enough to be worth the passing of empires whilst they cook it.

Don't know how they stay in business.
Don't spoil my fond memories

1. How do you know they are so slow, if you've not visited for 20 years?

2. Outrageous. Might as well say "cycling is better than a car but it takes so long to get anywhere"! Fast is not always good ^_^

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Don't spoil my fond memories

1. How do you know they are so slow, if you've not visited for 20 years?

2. Outrageous. Might as well say "cycling is better than a car but it takes so long to get anywhere"! Fast is not always good ^_^
Maybe they're faster these days?

Drago

Legendary Member
And yet the B word flag wavers on here will still be like:

View attachment 605899
Although some EU countries are suffering simlar issues with supply chains, so that unpleasant word seems unliklely to be a significant contributor.

There is an interesting thought - imagine how radically different a certain vote might be if the masses had been told their McDonalds supplies might be affected? Their hardened arteries wouldn't have been able to vote quickly enough!

Not that I personally give a sheet either way, and not liking McDonald's fare - other than their coffee - means the needle on my "couldnt give a f*** meter" is still rammed hard against the stop.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
No problem:

1. Put milk, excessive sugar, food colouring & preservatives in a glass.
2. Shake it up.

Hey Presto!...a milk shake. What's the issue?

winjim

Smash the cistern
It's milk, sugar, flavouring, bit of thickener. Exactly the same ingredients list as the ice cream I was eating with the kids the other day. Only we were eating the ice cream sat out at the dairy farm, enjoying the views over the valley and watching the cows being milked, so that's got to be better, right?

tyred

Legendary Member
This features somewhere between whether or not the postman will deliver yet more promotional leaflets for Lidl and whether or not Benny Hill will be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of fame on my list of things to worry about.

This features somewhere between whether or not the postman will deliver yet more promotional leaflets for Lidl and whether or not Benny Hill will be inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of fame on my list of things to worry about.
If you're in Ireland it's not an issue anyway.

I wonder why that could be.

It's milk, sugar, flavouring, bit of thickener. Exactly the same ingredients list as the ice cream I was eating with the kids the other day. Only we were eating the ice cream sat out at the dairy farm, enjoying the views over the valley and watching the cows being milked, so that's got to be better, right?

"CONTAINS: Milk.
Triple Thick Milkshake Vanilla Syrup
Glucose-fructose, water, natural flavour (plant source), colour (caramel, beta carotene), citric acid, potassium sorbate, dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent). may contain milk and small amount of other shake flavours served at the restaurant"

When I worked at a posh cafe, I made milkshakes with milk, icecream snd cocoa powder if needed. Now I understand what I was doing wrong.

winjim

Smash the cistern
"CONTAINS: Milk.
Triple Thick Milkshake Vanilla Syrup
Glucose-fructose, water, natural flavour (plant source), colour (caramel, beta carotene), citric acid, potassium sorbate, dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent). may contain milk and small amount of other shake flavours served at the restaurant"

When I worked at a posh cafe, I made milkshakes with milk, icecream snd cocoa powder if needed. Now I understand what I was doing wrong.
McDonalds vanilla milkshake

Hope Valley vanilla ice cream

Seems I overlooked the sorbate at first glance, which is potentially not very nice but that's the only difference I can see. Maybe 'flavourings' is a bit ambiguous. Certainly the base of it is milk, sugar and thickener. What was in that ice cream you were making your milkshakes with?

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't like the McDs shakes, they are too thick and take a lot of effort to drink. Unless you wait half an hour for them to melt.
I also love their burgers and the chips aren't bad with plenty of salt. I've never figured out why they don't offer mayonaise though.
If there were no shakes, it wouldn't bother me. Plenty of other drinks on the menu

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't like the McDs shakes, they are too thick and take a lot of effort to drink. Unless you wait half an hour for them to melt.
I also love their burgers and the chips aren't bad with plenty of salt. I've never figured out why they don't offer mayonaise though.
If there were no shakes, it wouldn't bother me. Plenty of other drinks on the menu
They're more dessert than a drink :laugh:

I used to like their caramel sundaes, but they're just too sweet for me nowadays. No longer eat meat and never much liked their fries, so haven't been in for several years. I'd eat a filet-o-fish (and probably fries) if no other food outlets available :okay:

We have a McD's 200 yards from our workshop and I used to pop in on the way to work for a coffee or lunchtime when I CBA to make a packed lunch, and I never minded the food, but then a year ago Greggs opened up a shop 150 yards away so I go there instead.

You can tell I like gourmet dining.

Sometimes food is just fuel.

Top Bottom