What a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GAVSTER

Guru
Location
Fife
Funny week on the bike.

Good stuff ...

1. Broke my PB getting to work the other day despite a slight headwind and a long traffic light stop.

2. Had a driver say sorry for getting too close on an overtake.

Bad stuff

1. Back wheel blow out (hit pothole I think) then tube change in p*shing rain.

2. Had a quick attempt at truing said wheel today - couldn't get it sorted. Took wheel to LBS they say tensions look very even and might be a new wheel time ... 60 quid for a factory wheel ... 85 for a handbuilt.

With the bogging weather this week and the back wheel only two commutes in this week and now out of action on main bike for a week.

Will have to think about using Cannondale Badboy for commute ;)

The brakes work and the wheels are true but it's not built for comfort I find.

MMmmmmm need new spare bike :-)

Gav
 
I hit a metal drain cover in Patong lucky I didn't wreck the wheel like I did in Scotland in 1986.

Beating my PB is a thing of the past now.
 
fossyant said:
Hackbike........see the new avatar...thought renting 'bikes' was the least of your issues............ ho..ho...? .............

21liu7l.gif
 
Top Bottom