what about a little camaraderie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
The reduction in summer commuters has had an unexpected result for me.

Those of us that remain can perhaps consider ourselves a little "hard core" but equally consider ourselves comrades, brethren, family if you will.

So why are so many of us so bleedin' rude.

At least during the summer you met nice jolly happy people. Some were a little wobbly but most were polite and pleased to give a little space around parked cars and the like, nowadays I'm as likely to be cut up by a cyclist as a taxi.

no scrub that; I'm *more* likely.

Pah, hardcore winter cyclist eh, who'd have em?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We all have to get somewhere mate and if that means catching up and cutting in on a slow coach then so be it. It's dog eat dog out there....man up or stay in my slipstream...if you can.

And in the real world.
Yes it is a problem. In my very humble opinion the rudest percentage are fully Lycra'd up roadies who like to think they are better then anyone else cycling on a commute. You only have to look at some of Gaz' vids to see some of the nobbers in action.

I'm not talking about those cyclists that have no road sense, rather then those that do and should know better but live in their own selfish little cycling world.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Ive been doing the winter commute its only an 8 mile round trip so nothing to major i use my heavy as a car Carrera MTB however i pass the same 2 people every day an old boy allways a smile thumbs up and morning etc and a Roadie arrogant ass even tuted one morning in the p'ing rain when i had stoped under the bridge cos my chain had come off. He had to slow down and manouver around me. Bless ! I have seen the same said happy chap around the local back roads of a weekend riding in a pack with his "elite matching outfit club mates" they all wave including him im assuming its because im on my road bike ??? I hope to never become that arrogant and will always stop and offer (my very limited ) help to any and everyone.

I dont class myself as Hardcore just to skint to run a 2 car household nowadays lol and i actually look foward to my commute its just the shame about the work part in between :tired:

Top Bottom