1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about the pyramids???

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Maggot, 31 Mar 2008.

1. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

A cunning Egyptian tourist ploy, whaddyathink:biggrin:

2. Definitely. I think they're made of Lego and are much smaller than they look in the pictures.:biggrin:

3. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I thiink they were inverted graves but over the years erosion has made them stick up in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

I would have thought more duplo to lego as the bricks are bigger.

5. No. As I say, they're smaller than they look. It's so they can move them around Egypt and spread the tourist money around a bit.

6. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

I did a Nile cruise 22 years ago. The pyramids at Giza were awesome.

Every time I see the belt of Orion in the night sky I recall that trip, which was a once in a lifetime experience.

7. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

The pyramids are at least 25 years old, I can confirm this because I visited Ciro and(Diamond)Giza when I was 13.

8. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

How old are you now?

:biggrin:

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Well I lived within a stones throw of the Giza Pyramids when working in Egypt. I have several small "pyramid rocks" (like moon rock, but closer to home !) for sale if you're interested ?
    The light show was well worth it but the chinese just outside the gates for my carryout was a let down. No Spare Ribs !! bummer....

10. EmGee DK

EmGee DK New Member

The pyramids are a legend ... an urban myth... like the badger

11. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

The 'mids were put there by the freemasons.... :biggrin:

classic33 likes this.
  12. I thought it was the Toblerone factory :biggrin:

13. simonali

simonali Über Member

Why once in a lifetime? Did you go there in a hot air balloon piloted by Alfred Hitchcock and his faithful sidekick Bruce Lee, which means it can't be repeated?

14. simonali

simonali Über Member

I'd quite like to see the pyramids, but I only want to go there on a day trip and take my own jam sandwiches and weak lemon drink. This is coz everyone I know who's been to Egypt got terrible trotskys and spent half their holiday alternating their arse between the toilet bowl and a bucket of iced water!

15. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

I reckon they got the plans wrong and built the rooves first and then found that they were too heavy to jack up while they put the walls in.