What about the rugby then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I didn't really expect England to make it to the QFs. So everything's a bonus now. Lets hope the aussies add a touch of complacency (a bit like 20-20 Aus/Zim), with a dose of ill-discipline (duly punished by one J.Wilkinson), and a pinch of bad luck, to a lot of extra-strength hoping or finger crossing by England; and you never know...;) I prescribe a 2003-reminder drop goal by JW, and earlier couple of surprise and stunning tries by Billy Whizz(if he plays) or Sackey...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Couldn't we pay for the "Sheila's Wheels" girls to be at the side of the pitch to distract the Aussies?

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
My instincts ref the Australia game are the same as Zimzum's. I managed to watch the first twenty minutes of their game against Canada and they were definitely playing nowhere near as well as in the final four years ago. If they are like that at the start of the game with England and if England can exploit it, I think we could actually make them look a bit silly. (I admit though that there are a lot of ifs in there.)

SamNichols

When does England ever exploit ill-discipline? Not for about 4 years (and they've played deeply ill-disciplined teams like the Italians since then). They always look like they should be, but then they start being ill-disciplined themselves. We're terrible for giving away easy penalties and not converting opportunities at the moment.

Sorry I sound so negative, but it's all from the sublime to the ridiculous. As I said, if England can win, then other teams should be ashamed of themselves. Boring rugby should be exploited by good teams (but, we're not the only team who used to play good rugby, but are now playing dull rugby - France, Ireland, Wales over the last year). Basically, rugby's become stale - it's primarily because there's no variation - all players are massive now, no small players ducking and diving around. Everyone's built like a forward...

Top Bottom