What age is this frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VeloAblotto

Hello again - keen to get your thoughts on this frame.

Its Columbus steel by Dacoordi, but with carbon forks (presumably a later upgrade?). I'm curious to find out how old this is? Its set up for down-shfters but also has internal cabling on the top tube, and 125MM rear spacing.

Only stamp is "56" on bottom bracket, which presumably is frame size.

Anyone know anything about Daccordi ?

IMG_4589.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's a square taper BB so could be eighties onwards, maybe earlier.
Those forks look wrong, but that could be the camera angle or wide lens.
Plenty of info on the net if you search. Mid to top end frames apparently.
You need to check that rust scab out on the seat stay.

Daccordi is a uber respectable Italian brand which was known for its exotic paint jobs. That plain red doesn't look like anything Daccordi put out at the time but maybe they did produce a cheaply-painted version. That bike should have a steel fork* with a Cinelli hidden crown.

* heathens please note, fork, singular.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The world loves a Heathen

Drago

Legendary Member
My eyes! Unicrown fork on lugged frame. Just so wrong.

I'm going with early to early-mid 90's. Nothing concrete, could be as old as 70's, but cable guides, dropouts etc, just kinda stroke my 90s boat. Its had a repair at some time in its life too.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
My eyes! Unicrown fork on lugged frame. Just so wrong.

Really @Drago, as an MTB'er I'm surprised at you making that rather sweeping statement. Plenty of lugged steel ATB's & Hybrids were built with unicrowns BITD. My old 501-framed Raleigh Highlander has them and I don't think they look out of place on that or my 501 lugged Pioneer. I've got a lugged Reynolds 500 Dawes ATB with unicrowns too!
RALEIGH HIGHLANDER 21 OFFSIDE.jpg

On a road racing frame, yes, I'll hand it to you - unicrowns don't do anything positive in the looks department and probably don't help with weight either. Carbon forks of any kind are just plain wrong on any type of steel bike. They seem impossible to make in anything less than kitchen table leg thickness and they ruin the looks of many an otherwise nice frame.

Last edited:
Nice to see that this Italian company is building modern English style touring bikes. I know of a couple of continental brands who do but it is a rare type.

Top Bottom