what am i best to get?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking, Trials and BMX' started by matthewnunn, 17 May 2010.

1. matthewnunn

matthewnunn New Member

hello, im going to be doing more road and communting than going in woods etc. so would a hybrid be better? will a hybrid be ok for wooded areas like mousehold in norwich? nothing serious, just biking through the woods?
    cheers
    im looking at getting the cluad butler urban 300
    matt

2. Depends on your finances really. You could keep the mtb and buy a hybrid or roadie.
    Get rid of the mtb and get a hybrid.
    Or cheapest option just get some cross types for mtb and that do you nicely for both.

3. I would recommend a 29er rigid mountain bike, but I've no idea where you can buy such a bike in the UK. Does any one know?

Also I wouldn't bother with any bike under 700 quid with a suspension fork. The fork's just going to heavy and inefficient and plus, a maintenance headache in a year's time.

Maybe stick with a hybrid bike, but swap the tyres out for something that can handle both on and off road trips.

4. Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider Formerly just_fixed

cycle cross sounds a better option. more efficient on road but can handle off road.

5. Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider Formerly just_fixed

specialized tricross is usually recommended by those who know

6. baznav

baznav Active Member

specialized crosstrail ang giant roams also worth a look for rugged hybrids.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice