What an amazing invention the bike is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi again.
Sometimes it often strikes me as to just as how amazing the humble bike is. When you think about it ,.its essentially such a simple design, but is so efficient in transporting us along our merry way. To many it's just a means to an end ,from getting from A to B and barely doing more than the old couple of miles at a time,
but if you put your mind to it, the bike can transport you over 1000s of miles a year and costs next to nothing to maintain. I paid peanuts for my bike last year and it's carried me all over the place ( 3700 miles worth ) and has only required simple maintenance to keep it in fine fettle.
I will never forget this year, as in all the amazing sights I've seen on my travels. From setting off along the coastline line on the longest day of the year watching, the sun coming up behind the mountains and striking the sea , knowing I've got 70 miles to do before getting home ,to cycling around the lakes and manic cities. All these adventures I've had ,will be imprinted in memory for evermore. Chatting to complete strangers in cycling cafes and learning all about where they've come from and where there heading to. Mile after mile through rain or shine, and the bike plods on, only needing a drop of oil on the chain and the odd tyre changing now and again. A 33 year old £70 bike has literally taken me from the uk right the way across to the middle east in mileage terms and all powered under your own steam.(it feels so satisfying knowing what you,ve achieved when last year you would of thought it impossible)
My only regret about all this is that I wish I never left it so long before returning back to cycling again. From all the great adventures I've had this year it's really put me in a good frame of mind once again after being for long in such a dark place mentally. I,m now looking forward so much towards the future of what boundaries I can push next year on my bike.
And all this is just down to a piece of gas piped frame work on wheels. If your new to cycling or thinking of taking it up, I can honestly say from experience, it will be the best thing you could ever do to put a smile on your face and point your wellbeing to a better direction.
Anyway , ramblings over now.
Have a good night all and stay safe :-)
Johnny

Jason

I reckon he's caught that new virus ..... The Cycling Bug!

hoopdriver

Guru
It is a miracle, isn’t It? A lightweight machine that you can tuck under your arm and carry up a flight of stairs, and yet it can carry you to the four corners of the globe, wherever you like, anytime you please, at the drop of a hat and virtually for free - and leaving behind not even the ghost of a carbon footprint.

Top Bottom