What are CC "Push Notifications".

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
New phone.
Logged in to CC
Keep getting the message that CC want me to accept "push notifications".
What are they ??
Do I accept or reject ??

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a reminder to sit on the lavvy and push when you're feeling a bit constipated.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
"Push" is any type of content initiated by the server or site that you subscribe to, so newsletters that you signed up for, daily deal summaries that you might have requested from an online sports retailer etc. "Pull" is content that you initiate or search for yourself (so Google searches, reading online fora, or reading a newspaper article, that kind of thing).
So in this context "push notifications" means you'll get an alert from Cycle Chat on your phone when someone replies to your threads, or maybe when you're quoted, and when a thread you're following gets new replies, that kind of thing. It could be quite annoying I'd imagine, like getting a text. I can't see why you'd need it if you log in daily anyway.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Switch them off - it will drive you potty.

Drago

Legendary Member
"Push" is any type of content initiated by the server or site that you subscribe to, so newsletters that you signed up for, daily deal summaries that you might have requested from an online sports retailer etc. "Pull" is content that you initiate or search for yourself (so Google searches, reading online fora, or reading a newspaper article, that kind of thing).
So in this context "push notifications" means you'll get an alert from Cycle Chat on your phone when someone replies to your threads, or maybe when you're quoted, and when a thread you're following gets new replies, that kind of thing. It could be quite annoying I'd imagine, like getting a text. I can't see why you'd need it if you log in daily anyway.

I like puppies!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't understand how anybody can stand them, anywhere, at any time!

I had them on for a few minutes on a few sites... Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping... :wacko:

Disable Push Notifications!

I think they were an invention by someone who saw their site as being the centre of their users' lives. They were not thinking of their users as busy people who needed to concentrate on what they were doing and not get distracted every 30 seconds!

You can switch em off, even I managed it :becool:
They keep coming back. Thay are Spawn of the devil. Designed by some hipster bearded geek as a means of monitoring what we do.
The question reappears whatever you do.
You gain no benefit from them, you just lose some of your privacy.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
They keep coming back. Thay are Spawn of the devil. Designed by some hipster bearded geek as a means of monitoring what we do.
The question reappears whatever you do.
You gain no benefit from them, you just lose some of your privacy.
I think they're a part of the software that CC uses, on some forums using the same software it could be weeks for somebody accesses the same thread whereas we have a more active membership with many members posting daily. :becool:

Top Bottom