1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are those cheap (good value!) dual front lights?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by GrahamG, 10 Sep 2007.

1. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

You know the dual halogen (?) models with rechargeable battery pack? I've got a fellow commuter here who plans to keep it up through winter but he has a mostly unlit towpath commute. He only does about 3 miles each way though so nothing demanding on the lights at all.

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Stay away from dark unlit tow paths in winter, they are typically frequented by yoofs with baseball bats and other unsavoury types.

3. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

This sections OK; runs through the (only) posh side of Brum! One of those few paths that is used so well that this isn't too much of a risk.

4. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Where does he ride in from, Selly Oak?

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Nah,,,, Handsworth !!! :blush:

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'm struggling to work out where the posh bit of Birmingham is.

Handsworth was posh once, but not any more.

8. Fab Foodie

The London fraternity are trying to work-out where Birmingham is let alone whether it has any Posh bits...:blush:

9. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

LOL - thanks for the link, couldn't remember the brand!

Paul, it's Harborne/Edgbaston into Brum, I think he gets on the towpath a bit after Selly Oak.

I say the posh side because the west of Birmingham is the only direction you can travel right out to the green belt without going through any shithole areas. Next best is South where it's a very small inner city bit and the shitholes really aren't that shitty :blush: Any other direction - fugghedaboutit!

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Yeah, I forgot. We, in the centre of the country, are apparently northeners.

11. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

13. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Mine gradually developed problems with the connections and had to be bodged with tin foil, and then I ended up cooking the battery by accidentally overcharging it. The connections were probably my fault anyway as they were being pulled on a little too much by the way I had attached the cabling around the top tube and the handlebar stem.

When I ordered a new lamp fitting from CRC in the spring, they made a mistake with the order and when they sorted it out, they sent me a free set of Electron lights as an apology. I've therefore got a brand new Electron lighting system for this winter :blush:

14. Fab Foodie

Well you are above the M4 :blush:

15. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I can assure you that the London lot are not trying to work out where Brum is at all