What are those cheap (good value!) dual front lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fab Foodie said:
The London fraternity are trying to work-out where Birmingham is let alone whether it has any Posh bits...:blush:

It's near the NEC isn't it? Exhibition site workers have to live somewhere.

London fraternity? About the only section of the UK population that doesn't have an inferiority complex about where they live. "One day you're analyst will tell you that you really are inferior." (melanie safka, a very long time ago)

sorry, lost the smilies. :-)

Tynan said:
I can assure you that the London lot are not trying to work out where Brum is at all

but only because they have too many other better things to think about.:blush:

KentS

I had the Cateye DayLites system for many years. It is more or less identical to the Smart system. I commute over the countryside on very dark but paved roads. Light with 6+10W is ok, but the battery is heavy as lead (it's made out of lead!) and needs recharging often. The supplied charger is unusable without a timer. I first got a better charger, then built a NiMH battery pack from rechargable AA batteries. Finally i was fed up with the whole thing.

Now i run a LED flashligt with a Lumiled Luxeon Rebel 100 LED (Fenix P3D Premium 100) on two rechargeable 3V CR-123A batteries. Its light output on highest mode is far superior to the halogen system and on the second highest mode still better than 6+10W, the beam is wider than most 'tactical' flashlights and perfect for commuting. The light is very neutral white unlike the yellow halogen lamps or very blue of earlier LED lamps. The battery time for comparable light levels is better than the DayLites system. The total weight torch+batteries is under 100g! You can get a flashlight like this with a bicycle mount on e.g. www.fenix-store.com for about 50 euro. There is a store in UK selleing them too (a little more expensive) - I can't recall its name right now.

Top Bottom