What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Interesting, though I don't agree with your dislike if Battery, Master of Puppets is a great album from beginning to end, almost as good as Piece of Mind, in any case better than any of the pop stuff they started releasing after 1990. A bit of Apocalyptica to complement.

Agreed, Battery is a great track from an awesome album (their very best imo)

Also love this Apocalyptica track

Agree with you both that it's an excellent album and I certainly don't hate the song, I just never understood the love for it - they've written better songs that never get played at gigs.

IMO they've done everything it does, better - even on that album.

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
Agree with you both that it's an excellent album and I certainly don't hate the song, I just never understood the love for it - they've written better songs that never get played at gigs.

IMO they've done everything it does, better - even on that album.
Tastes are personal, there's no objective measure for these things, except that all of metallica's output post 1990 is objectively sub par :tongue:.

This is another Metallica cover I found interesting

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhOhGhq0e54

Tastes are personal, there's no objective measure for these things, except that all of metallica's output post 1990 is objectively sub par :tongue:.

This is another Metallica cover I found interesting

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhOhGhq0e54

Nothing Else Matters is sub-par? Sir, I challenge you to a duel!

Also, I'd seen that harp duo before and still feel that they should have thought of a less... connotation-laden... name for their act

C R

Guru
Nothing Else Matters is sub-par? Sir, I challenge you to a duel!

Also, I'd seen that harp duo before and still feel that they should have thought of a less... connotation-laden... name for their act

I guess they are not slashdot readers ...

Re Nothing Else Matters, I guess it is ok, like some of the other pop metal of the 90s, but for that I prefer Skid Row.

(you can tell I only like Metallica pre 1990, can't you? :tongue:)

Chromatic

Legendary Member
This at the mo

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Sleepthief, the 1st 2 featuring the very nice vocals of Jody Quine, and the 2nd pair featuring the equally nice vocals of Stine Grove :smile:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Tracks on Youtube from various albums by Eluvium, some of which are reminiscent of work by Hammock. Very nice to listen to. :smile: Both artists' work span roughly the same period.

Top Bottom