What are you doing this VERY minute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
Munching on a tim tam

Wolves v Liverpool on the radio.

That's what I'm watching.

Plus waiting to see who we draw in the next round.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've been giving thought to doing some yoga. Do you do it with a class or at home? It can only help.
I tried, paid for a block of 6 classes, managed only 5.
I find it dead boring.
Well, the poses are good for you, one can feel the muscles stretching, it's the long relaxing bits I couldn't stand.
"I want you to empty your mind of all worries, problems ...." Erm, no, that's not the way I am, I thrive on challenge :laugh:
I suppose you could skip the spiritual bits by doing it yourself at home, thing is how can you know if you're doing it right or if you're about to cause yourself an injury?
Gonna try Pilates next ^_^

I tried, paid for a block of 6 classes, managed only 5.
I find it dead boring.
Well, the poses are good for you, one can feel the muscles stretching, it's the long relaxing bits I couldn't stand.
"I want you to empty your mind of all worries, problems ...." Erm, no, that's not the way I am, I thrive on challenge :laugh:
I suppose you could skip the spiritual bits by doing it yourself at home, thing is how can you know if you're doing it right or if you're about to cause yourself an injury?
Gonna try Pilates next ^_^

Pilates is great. I did it for a few years a long time ago because of back problems. It helped the back a lot, and general strength/mobility, but like a fool I stopped doing it once my back improved.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pilates is great. I did it for a few years a long time ago because of back problems. It helped the back a lot, and general strength/mobility, but like a fool I stopped doing it once my back improved.
Are the classes quite active, or is there a lot of relaxing, like in yoga?

Are the classes quite active, or is there a lot of relaxing, like in yoga?

The class I went to did not include any meditation/relaxation. It was all different exercises/positions. Some of those were similar to Yoga.

I think it's fair to say I did not really feel the benefits until I had been doing it several months as it is about improving core strength and posture.

Several of my friends used to poo-poo it because they thought that if you weren't rushing around sweating it couldn't be classed as exercise.

Top Bottom