What are you doing this VERY minute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The class I went to did not include any meditation/relaxation. It was all different exercises/positions. Some of those were similar to Yoga.
Thanks for that @Rusty Nails.
I was told by a physio that Pilates complements cycling.
There are new classes starting in my area, they are quite pricey, I didn't want to go then find out I don't like it.
Now that I have heard your experience, I will give it a go.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm now watching the FA cup draw..incidentally I've not long been home from a Pilates class (part of my £19 a month gym membership :okay: )

vickster

Legendary Member
@Pat "5mph" I'm another Pilates fan! And I've been this evening too.
I honestly can't imagine life without it.
I can't say I enjoyed it tonight as my joints are bad and a lot of it was quite painful...indeed, I'll be having quite a break after Thursday's knee op!
I go as recommended by the rheumatologist and physio and I have felt better after some classes (with no flare / ill effects afterwards)

Katherine

Guru
I can't say I enjoyed it tonight as my joints are bad and a lot of it was quite painful...indeed, I'll be having quite a break after Thursday's knee op!
I go as recommended by the rheumatologist and physio and I have felt better after some classes (with no flare / ill effects afterwards)
Hope the op goes well.
It was a physio who recommended Pilates to me after treatment for whiplash many years ago.
I was glad recently, that I have a strong core when I couldn't use my hands to push myself up from a chair or pull myself out of the bath. I need to strengthen my arms and hands now.

Working on a story I promised to write for a friend.

She's challenged me to write an original fic for her that wasn't sci-fi or fantasy (though it does have a time-travel element, oops) and that had light, romantic elements.

FWIW, I usually write fairly dark sci-fi or fantasy.

classic33

Leg End Member
"Listening to" the washing machine next door doing it's late night dance around the kitchen. The dog locked in it's cage is going nuts. The kids are screaming because the dog is barking, the parents are shouting at both kids and dog, adding to the noise the dog can't escape from. Meanwhile in an a drunken attempt to drown out the noise of the washing machine, dog going nuts, kids screaming & them shouting, the drunk parents have decided to turn up the "music" in an attempt to drown it all out.

A machine works would be quiet in comparison.

Top Bottom