What are you doing today? - Perhaps the hottest day on record.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Heacham Gold.

snorri

Legendary Member
Lifted two yacht moorings today, launched one yacht and got my hands stung by jellyfish.
Busy busy but a pleasure to be on the water in such good weather:sun:, although it didn't seem quite right to be so lightly dressed:smile:.

Last edited:

Thomson

Worked till 12.30. Cycled home had a hour to myself. Went to my old work to pick up doors for next weeks working holiday. Going to be getting the 13 year old plastering trowel out the shed. :-)

gbb

Legendary Member
Work.
Our workshops are air conditioned, set at around 18 degrees so currently always feels cooler than outside.
Packhouse is temperature controlled at around 13 degrees which is brilliant.
Coldstores are circa 1 degree.

You're never too warm inside but it is funny to see people coming out for a smoke break wearing warm clothing...in 30 degree temps.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Enjoying the thunder, at last!

MarkF

Guru
Worked in A&E today and it was nice as I think only that and 2 other wards are air conditioned. The geriatric patients are laying on their beds like gasping demented starfish and god knows what it's like on the cardio ward.........2018 NHS, wow!

Drago

Legendary Member
When I joined the dibble I was first let loose on foot patrol on the Central Milton Keynes beat. The shopping centre is a half mile long greenhouse, and older folk often over dress for the warm weather- a good bit of sun and at least one poor elderly unfortunate a day would shuffle off this mortal coil.

Top Bottom