What are you drinking on Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Coffee first thing
Cava mid morning
my special Christmas cocktail, pre food (secret recipe but does involve gin apple juice and ginger wine)
Bottle of chateau neuf de pap with dinner
Cpl of random beers (probably bottles of Moretti) NB, some of this will be consumed during the cooking phase, also
Tia Maria over ice as an evening warmer

or something like that…

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Imitation Baileys (dairy free) for breakfast. When I get to my parents house it'll probably be a nice glass of Harveys Bristol Cream or croft original, whatever they have. I've then got some dark Jamaica rum to have with my caffeine free Pepsi!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'll be in the country with my sister's family. They say they have the bubbles but I should bring some red so I bought some from Aldi. Unfortunately, Mr Yodel decided that he couldn't be arsed to deliver the other half of the grog consignment but I doubt we'll run out.

Slick

Guru
Probably not everyone's cup of tea but usually breakfast is served on the big day with a couple of bottles of Menabrea. Back off during lunch with a nice bottle of red, and hopefully stay awake long enough to relax with a nice drop of Jura for a night cap. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Breakfast will be machine coffee with a generous slug of cognac.
With lunch we will have wine......either Pinot Grigiot or a rosè.
Then mince pies, cream with cognac and port.
Then, maybe a nice malt.
Ten bed ^_^

Innis & Gunn beer while cooking
nice bottle of red (Merlot or Pinotage, not decided yet) with the chorizo stuffed turkey breast
glass of Caol Ila in front of the tv

potsy

Rambler
Yes, I didn't know whether to admit it.......should I have written Nescafe?
My coffee will be made in the cafetiere, a lovely one I have recently discovered.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Beer for the afternoon probably. Something light, nothing special, Corona or Miller.

Later on, a snowball for the kitsch factor, I have got some advocaat in. Then onto the hard stuff, Tanqueray Sevilla gin and tonic with a splash of San Pellegrino blood orange.

Top Bottom