What are you drinking on Christmas Day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
Home-made cider.

mpemburn

I think there are some bottles of local (Vermont, USA) red for the main course. Would like some usquebaugh for the evening, but I guess I’d have to buy some before then for that to happen.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I forgot snowballs.... we'll have to shoehorn those in somewhere
B6DD0697-5BCE-4457-A9AD-1A388FAAB4CA.jpeg

I bought a 4 pack for a bit of fun yesterday.
Absolutely disgusting.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Coffee for me in the am
Xmas lunch out but I’m driving so soft drink only
Maybe a cider or two, followed by a Snowball
Then a few glasses of small batch Don Papa rum, from a little island in the Philippines. It’s fab.

Merry Xmas one and all :hello:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
View attachment 623364

I bought a 4 pack for a bit of fun yesterday.
Absolutely disgusting.
At 3.5% alcohol that's a very poor imitation of the real thing, at least in the Nickyboy household.

I seem to remember Advocaat is about 18% and our are half that, half lemonade with a splash of fresh lime.juice so about 9%. It's a great drink

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Mostly coffee, orange squash & either lemonade or cola with only a couple of beers at most. Although I'll be on the bike (dinner at Mum's), I find it difficult to eat to excess and have alcohol as well so the beer will be pre-food.

I don't do wine or spirits.

Buck

Guru
We shall be starting with a lovely cup of tea to get the morning going then Bucks Fizz as is tradition in the Buck household.

There’ll be a nice Rioja and Sauvignon Blanc to accompany the main meal then I have a bottle of 50ish year old Port that I shall be opening to accompany the obligatory cheeses.

Somewhere in there I’ll be having a “proper” coffee or two, perhaps mid morning and after the cheese and Port.

In the evening it’ll few bottles of Timothy Taylor’s Landlord or Boltmaker then perhaps a cheeky Gin or 3 for the good lady and perhaps a Jack Daniels and Coke if I’m tempted!

My eldest still insists on drinking watery lager - I keep trying to educate him on the life value of a decent beer such as TTL - ah well, there’s time yet!

To round off the day, a nice brew before bed!

Stephenite

Membå
I found myself transported to a foreign country many years ago. A country with an even worse culinary culture than the one i left. AND... they celebrate christmas THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS!

So, Christmas Day will be a slow start for me at the in-laws. House coffee, left-overs. Then a de-bunk to mine.

Set up the VR for the kids. Then drinkage will begin in the afternoon with London Pride/norwegian aquavit during dinner. Cote du Rhone and, perhaps, brandy as the evening develepops.

Top Bottom