What are you going to do in the winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Winter will be here soon ...so unless we're all off touring around Barbados or something...what are we up to? Planning a new tour? Training for a new tour?....

col

Legendary Member
Nothing big planned,just going to try and get out on my bike more,use it for work the odd time i need to,because i start in different places,and dont often start work at the depot.Which is only a seven mile round trip anyway.Iv sometimes wondered why we have a car,rarely used these days,had it one and a half years,and only done four thousand miles?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Grumbling, complaining, riding to and from work in the dark. I never start "training" until it starts to warm up. Turbo trainer? I suspect it'd never get used. Unless I could use it to boil the kettle or something.

yenrod

Barbados - is only 30mls orso long so try somewhere better :blush:

Bigtallfatbloke said:
Winter will be here soon ...so unless we're all off touring around Barbados or something...what are we up to? Planning a new tour? Training for a new tour?....

I have three-four months off, so I'll be in England for Christmas and New Year, fancy a month or so in Asia, probably Cambodia to chill out on a beach and read sleep and eat for four weeks. Apply to do a City & Guilds bike mechanics course, and maybe have a week or two's skiing holiday in France before returning to Stockholm for a new golf season.
Of course that could all change; I've just met a new woman and it feels 'right'! :blush:

Yep same here. Only more of it, probably.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bigtallfatbloke said:

• Next year's tour's sorted - Provence and the Ardeche
  • Arranged an October mini camping tour with a friend last night - a C2C
  • Annual New Year's Day 30 mile loop incorporating the Tan Hill Inn
  • Apart from that, a 100km or 200km but mostly 100km Audax per week until the end of the 2008 season in November next year is the aspiration. This year's Audaxing didn't start until Jan 14th
  • Keeping my eyes peeled for the next Aldi cycle clothing sale - due anytime now I think.

videoman

Guru
Hopefully it will cool down a bit here into the low 20's so I won't have to keep going out at 7.30am for a few hours ride before it gets too hot. Only managing about 90 km's a week on my mountain bike at the moment.
Need to try and get fitter ready for next year as I would love to try a tour in the UK or Europe. Just some need some other Billy Nomates like myself to tour with. Wife thinks I'm mad at 47 years old to want to cycle and camp again and I should retire old gracefully.

redfox

A knee injury limited my winter activity last year, hope to do better this year.

Hoping for a 200 audax once a month to keep the year round thing going and then whatever else I can find the time and energy for.

Top Bottom