What are you going to do in the winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

This again I expect.
snowcommute.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Saturday and Tuesday evening ride (swapped for a bit of turbo when the nights draw in) plus a 5 day jolly to the Peak District with a few friends in early November. (do I try Winnats?)
Pre-planning next years jaunts is a great comfort in the lousy winter evenings. I fancy a tour of the Appenines having touched on them this year.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Andy in Sig said:
I've been thinking of getting one of those Tacx turbo trainers for when the bike paths get really gloopy.

You might well regret it. I bought a turbo and it languishes in the loft having been used a couple of time sby myself and each of my two sons. We were all put off by the mind numbingly boring experience.

I prefer getting cold and dirty than hot and sweatily bored....

I wish I'd listed to the multitude of posters on uk.rec.cycling who counselled against buying a turbo citing the very same reasons that I'm now giving for not having one.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Did you just get the seriously boring type which has just one setting? Tacx does a posh one where different levels of resistance click in so that you can have scientifically sensible training rides, a bit like those machines in the gym but with it being the comfort of your own bike. That is the sort I'm considering.

col

Legendary Member
Brock said:
This again I expect.
snowcommute.jpg

Not wanting to sound strange,but this is my favourite sort of weather,i love going out when its like this.Alas ,it hasnt been that way for quite a while now though:smile:

asterix

Comrade Member
Returning to the UK for a break from building. Maybe I will get a proper job, altho' didn't do very well last winter. Will go out on the UK bike as soon I have given it an overhaul. New freewheel, maybe convert to bar-end shifters, might even lose the straps and go SPD like my other bikes. No repaint though as my bike got nicked after the last time:angry:.

Top Bottom