What are you having for Boxing Day lunch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
That is intriguing... How do you manage that?
  • Freeze 5 different types of soup in unlabelled containers so you can't tell which one you are defrosting OR..
  • Make the soup when very drunk so you don't remember what is in it! :laugh:
Tins so old the labels have come off ;)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Scrambled egg with salmon and toast

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Leftover potatoes onions and carrots mashed up into a bubble and squeak mix, then fried up with an egg on top. Plus whatever else is in the fridge, pork pie, ham etc I think.

PK99

Legendary Member
Butter and Garlic Baked Salmon with a garnish of Crispy Fried Chipirones

And a nice bottle of Crement de Loire

Slick

Guru
We had Christmas dinner with family yesterday and boxing day just isn't boxing day without leftovers, so it's the full Turkey dinner for me later. Can't wait. :hungry:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
We had Cauliflower & smoked paprika soup and a pint of Cotleigh Reinbeer at the Oxenford Inn, South Zeal.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t mix together
I’m actually just having tinned salmon now 😋
Smoked salmon has a rather delicate flavour and best eaten with just oatcakes.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That is intriguing... How do you manage that?
  • Freeze 5 different types of soup in unlabelled containers so you can't tell which one you are defrosting OR..
  • Make the soup when very drunk so you don't remember what is in it! :laugh:
I make soup from whatever is to hand at the time. There is a possibility of cabbage, carrot, parsnip, turnip, lentils, tinned or left over tomato, artichoke, peppers etc. This makes usually 5 servings of which two are put in the freezer. I use specific boxes for soup so they are not labelled and I just take out whichever one is handiest at the time. I very rarely use tins and never for soup although condensed soup can make a handy sauce.
When I went camping with the Scouts overnight everybody brought a tin of something and they were all dumped into a large pot and heated up. The mystery mixture always tasted good.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I also need to make a turkey stew from the veg that went in the bottom of the roasting tin - loads of liquid and veg left, so will add spuds, more veg, cook and pop in the left over turkey - that's tomrrow's job.

Mike_P

Guru
Will be Pork medallion, mash and veg. Put a stop to excessive Christmas food for a few years now; Christmas day dinner is still turkey but turkey breasts done in around 6 mins in a George Forman grille and the whole lot is cooked in 30 minutes.

Top Bottom