What are you reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just about to start David Miller's Racing Through the Dark. Should be interesting.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Second book in The Last Kingdom series, The Pale Horseman, and The Great Influenza. Plus three or four works of Scandi literary fiction.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just about to start David Miller's Racing Through the Dark. Should be interesting.
It is!

I'm reading the Geraint Thomas book. I was surprised to find that my library has at least 8 or 9 cycling books of interest. When I have finished G's book, I will be reading 'Yoga for Cyclists'. (My cousin is here for the weekend and he said he has the latter book at home and the techniques described have helped with his aches and pains.)

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
A couple of chapters in to The Silent Deep - the Royal Navy submarine service since 1945: Henessey & Jinks
A does what it says on the tin eye opener.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Finished "Allan's Wife", and started "True Grit", by Charles Portis, in preparation for rewatching the Coen Brothers' film this weekend.

It's the first time I've read the book, and I'm very taken with it - told in Mattie Ross' "voice", with her determination and self importance fairly leaping from the page.

I'm up to the chapter on declarations in "The Art of Captaincy", which is very interesting.

stephec

Legendary Member
The Road to Little Dribbling

Bill Bryson's sequel to Notes From a Small Island, very similar and just as funny.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The Slave King. Why a bloke from Sussex working in Denmark would be interested in historical fiction about the conflict between Wessex and the Danes is anyone's business.

Top Bottom