What are you training for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Are you training for anything at the moment? I am training for my first century ride, an 100 mile sportive in June. I have done 3 100 km rides so far this year and plenty of other shorter rides. 1,845 miles so far this year so hopefully I won't find it too hard. Don't want to hack it around, just to finish. I'll be happy with an average of 15 mph.

Slick

Guru
I'm not really training for anything in particular other than the next stage of life in general. My mileage is nowhere near your current level but Mrs Slick and I have just spent a very cold and wet day out on an ebike and pick a new one up for her on Saturday, so hopefully that will mean I'll start to up my mileage now. Fingers crossed for better weather as well though.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Getting back to fitness and a 200km audax in June (Good Companions), then hopefully the 600km Blackpool-Glasgow-Blackpool in September. If the 200km's done at least it's a PBP pre-qualifier for next year. Any 300/400km rides will have to be in July as midweek DIY's as I'm not available at weekends during the whole month.

I'm nowhere near full health and recovery from September's operation is much slower than planned. But I'll get there ...

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I don’t train. I just enjoy riding the bike. Did 105 miles to Southend and back on Monday. Cycle to work every day (although it's hardly a commute at 2.24 miles there and back) and try and get a couple of 2 hour rides in after work in the week as well as a Sunday ride.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I don’t train. I just enjoy riding the bike. Did 105 miles to Southend and back on Monday. Cycle to work every day (although it's hardly a commute at 2.24 miles there and back) and try and get a couple of 2 hour rides in after work in the week as well as a Sunday ride.
I use the word train loosely. In my case it's just a matter of getting in good enough shape to do this sportive.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Getting back to fitness and a 200km audax in June (Good Companions), then hopefully the 600km Blackpool-Glasgow-Blackpool in September. If the 200km's done at least it's a PBP pre-qualifier for next year. Any 300/400km rides will have to be in July as midweek DIY's as I'm not available at weekends during the whole month.

I'm nowhere near full health and recovery from September's operation is much slower than planned. But I'll get there ...
Bloody hell.....Im knackered just reading that.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’m not trainng as such. Just increasing my fitness, speed and power as well as being aware of the mental health benefits of being fit. Being a gardener is physical but since doing regular turbo work and frequent 100 and 200 Audax rides, life has got much easier.

I have a figure of 9 years in the back of my mind to do PBP. Finances and my children’s ages come into play. As does experience. I would be in my early/mid fifties. Part of my training entails listening to the people who have done PBP and LEL.

Venod

Eh up
Just riding to keep fit, but I need to keep reasonable cycling fitness to compete at MTBO, I was competitive at foot orienteering for a long time and this motivated me running wise. I find an end helps motivate the means.

Top Bottom