What are you training for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanZac

I need a new goal having completed the events I've focused on training for through the winter (marathon and 400Km Audax) maybe I've peaked a bit early in the year!
Possibly a bit of walking for the next challenge, the South Downs Way seems achievable if I can fit it in to a weeks holiday. I know it's not cycling but I like to mix it up a bit.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I am sort of training towards my duathlon's for this year. I have improved so far. I don't have a plan as such as I don't need the pressure - just get out, run and cycle different routes, some with intervals, some with not.

I also have a few canicross events this year, so am hoping to improve on times- it is difficult to compare though, especially when each event is a different circuit etc.

I wish I had more time for exercise, however, I work full time and get 3 early shifts a week (615-215) which mean especially during the summer I can make more of the day and get more exercise in - rather than if I had my old office job and finished between 5-6pm.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm training for retirement. Got a couple of years to go so I want to keep fit enough to be able to get back into walking, climbing, skiing and ski touring and something like skiff rowing or kayaking. Been working hard for 38 years and now I plan to enjoy life.

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing really other to keep fit and try to keep the arthritis and stiffness at bay

I set a 3k miles target for the year. As of this morning’s commute, I’m at 1267 so looking good :smile:

I’m in the ballot for Ride London 46 although to be honest I wont really need to train for it. Be a pleasant bimble on closed roads

Chappy

Guru
I am training for the Dartmoor Classic this year. I will be my third time through but I am determined to be quicker than last year.

Salar

A fish out of water
Nothing really other to keep fit and try to keep the arthritis and stiffness at bay

Same here, just been told I've arthritis in the knee :sad: and not a torn ligament. Need to see a physio.

Now taking it easy on the exercise bike and considering a more laid back bike to keep the legs moving, semi recumbent or crank forward style.

groundy74

I'm training to get fitter and to ride 100 miles in the ride London. Lost 46 lbs on a training programme for weight loss and now onto a 12 week training plan of rides to build up to the 100.
I've done Manchester to Blackpool last 2 years (65 miles) and Preston Pedalfest which is a decent hilly sportive 60 mile so confident I will achieve the 100 no problem.

vickster

Legendary Member
Same here, just been told I've arthritis in the knee :sad: and not a torn ligament. Need to see a physio.

Now taking it easy on the exercise bike and considering a more laid back bike to keep the legs moving, semi recumbent or crank forward style.
Find a Physio with Cycling expertise who can do an on bike assessment and bike fit (obviously you’ll have to pay, but around London it’s around £100)

Tbh Cycling is less bad for my knee than not Cycling

Do you need a replacement?

lane

Veteran
Just building up after a winter layoff - got a 3 day tour early next month including a couple of long days close to 100 miles, aiming to do a 200k in July and have another 100 miles in September planned. Longest ride this year is 47 miles but also doing quite a few shorter rides. Aiming for a 60 mile ride this weekend but got a cold so will see how I feel. Not really training as such just trying to get some longer rides in. I have a feeling the tour is going to be tough but after that it should get easier.

Top Bottom