What are you training for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
Find a Physio with Cycling expertise who can do an on bike assessment and bike fit (obviously you’ll have to pay, but around London it’s around £100)

Tbh Cycling is less bad for my knee than not Cycling

Do you need a replacement?

Luckily I don't need a replacement and find riding the exercise bike no problem. Thing is I suffered 4 months, waiting for it to subside, which it has slightly as the doctor told me I'd torn a ligament, only to be told this week after x ray it was arthritis.

I'll be looking for a sports physio, not aware of any around here in Wales where I live who have cycling experience, I know a couple of people in the WRU rugby world who might point me in the right direction though.

Tin Pot

Guru
Physio = witchdoctor

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I have a figure of 9 years in the back of my mind to do PBP. Finances and my children’s ages come into play. As does experience. I would be in my early/mid fifties. Part of my training entails listening to the people who have done PBP and LEL.

I would be wary of putting an aim so far out that it always stays on the horizon. It is hard to say where your fitness, motivations, and more importantly health will be in 9 years time. But I do understand the child bit.

A few riders come with their families (including young children) to Paris. Then their other halves enjoy Paris for four days whilst their partners go off and ride.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am training to persuade the Grim Reaper to leave me alone for another 20 years or so. He showed me who was boss in 2012, but agreed to give me a reprieve as long as I took him more seriously in future ... :whistle:

I am also training to get fit enough to actually lead my forum rides rather than telling everyone else where we are going and hoping that they will wait for me at the top of every hill! :blush:

vickster

Legendary Member
I sort of think that too, in that they can do more damage, but SWMBO is adamant I go to one at least once.
Not my experience but ymmv. Why do you think that? I’d agree ref chiropractors

Where in your knee is the arthritis and how advanced is it? I’ve had relief from hyaluronic injections in the past but not cheap if you don’t have private insurance (and not all policies cover even if you do)

Have you had an MRI to check there’s nothing going on with soft tissues and to assess the extent and severity of the arthritis in more detail?

Last edited:

devon wheels

Regular
Just completed my first sportive this year, the Eden classic in cornwall -ouch! Signed up for dartmoor classic and PRL, I'm not looking to break land speed records but i find the increase in distances and climbs rewarding

Cavalol

Guru
https://www.britishquadrathlon.org.uk/montgomery-canal-triathlon-2018/

Did this again yesterday and had a blast. My mate got two punctures we're all (three of us) absolutely rubbish at rowing but we managed to do it in one hour, twenty seven minutes quicker than last year.

Top Bottom