What bag do you use on your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS the fabric designs are terrible.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
A 'product designer' that obviously doesn't cycle; cyclists carry 'tools' & 'puncture kit/pump'.
Presumably you should be asking what kind of 'commuter bag' do you use; cyclists let the bike carry the weight!
.....& as for the colours/patterns - YUK!!!!

OP
OP
bikejane

bikejane

Regular
As a product designer, it is our job to do primary research, be that talk to cyclists or enter forums. By doing this I can gather the correct information to help design the perfect bag for the majority of bike users. As for the patterns, there was an option to tick "I don't like any of these". Maybe you could tell me a preferred pattern or texture. These patterns have been featured in recent and future trend forecast publications.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
If designing anything to be fastened to racks etc (maybe not so much for bar bags), remember that it will get covered in oily water from the road, or mud if any tracks etc are involved.

Therefore any design that involves pale colours -whether part of the design or part of the background - will very soon look very grubby unless it is made of scrub-able material - and even then most cyclists wouldn't bother (clean the chain, yes, clean the luggage, less likely).

You will never get the perfect bag for the majority of users - you only have to look at all the different sections on this forum (if you have bothered) - people do a lot of different things with their bikes, and the luggage needs vary with use.

OP
OP
bikejane

bikejane

Regular
Thank you this information is very valuable. In regards to the pattern, it is undecided where it will be placed on the bag, this depends on survey results. It is very unlikely to be on the whole of the bag, more likely as a lining.

Cannot answer question 6.
My "bags" are .......
Either the Radical sidepods on the recumbent trike.
These are fixed to the seat and I don't take them off.
They are mainly used for the tent and clothes when on tour.
Or aluminium cargo box on my trailer.
Again its non-removable.
It's used for everything and anything that will fit, from daily shopping to the full touring kit minus the above..

So no strap used.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Thank you this information is very valuable. In regards to the pattern, it is undecided where it will be placed on the bag, this depends on survey results. It is very unlikely to be on the whole of the bag, more likely as a lining.
If it's a lining, then pale is good! The number of times I've faffed around for ages looking for a black purse/lock/phone inside a black bag...! :angry:

OP
OP
bikejane

bikejane

Regular
Tigerbiten: Very sorry about that question, the reason this question is posed in this way is that we are designing a bag to be detachable and used on and off the bike- much like Basil or Deuter bags.

Simon.r: Professional is the third most popular answer!

Spinney: Yes that is a fantastic point!

Thank you very much for your input!

As a product designer, it is our job to do primary research, be that talk to cyclists or enter forums. By doing this I can gather the correct information to help design the perfect bag for the majority of bike users. As for the patterns, there was an option to tick "I don't like any of these". Maybe you could tell me a preferred pattern or texture. These patterns have been featured in recent and future trend forecast publications.
:laugh:

Top Bottom