What bar tape do you like?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I really like Deda Bar tape, really thick and comfy - and lots of colours too

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-bar-tape/

deda-bar-tape-ocean-dark-blue.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Cloth tape on all my bikes (the ones without grips that is) the padding is in my gloves/mitts, nothing else seems to stay non slippery when wet although I may try Brooks leather on my classic. :biggrin:

I put some SRAM SUPER SPORT tape on the CAAD a few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it. It's grippy but not overly so, and nicely padded without feeling stupidly thick :thumbsup:

Not wanting to spend as much on my n+1 I've actually got some DEDA tape due today from Wiggle, currently on offer at £4.49. May be cheaper elsewhere but I didn't check TBH as I was buying some other bits and just threw it in my basket.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I like the Fizik Bar:Gel stuff, although every time I put it on a bike, I have an off shortly after (crashed into by a car, a slide on diesel) so I've stopped using it. If it doesn't curse you, it's jolly nice tape.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Cork in black

OP
OP
M

MrWill

Gone for the Specialized Roubaix tape again. £15 though. Have tried that Cinelli cork, genuinely the crappest tape I have ever tried :scratch:.

Thanks for the suggestions.

vickster

Legendary Member
Lizardskins or Fizik performance...Specialized phat gel tape only comes in black, a no no for me

mattobrien

Guru
Lizard Skin all the way.

Had it fitted to my last bike build and liked it so much that it then got fitted to my summer bike too. Won't be looking for any other bar tape ever.

Top Bottom