what bars are on yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
3T 4GX bars, because they came as part of the deal! lol

colinr

Cinelli Lola. But they're bulls, not drops.

New Pompino one will have some FSA ergo ones, because they were cheap and have the nice flattened profile on the straight.

Bicycle

Inverted 90s alloy drops that I hacksawed into bullhorns.

No measuring or mathematics, I just found a good place and went for it... then tried to match in at the other end. I think the two ends are pretty even.

I got some cheapo T/T bar-end brake levers and malleted them into the ends of the bullhorns, then added very beautiful (?) Cinelli 'tricolore' bar tape.

The frame is in an early-90s Claud Butler metallic violet, so the overall aesthetic effect is.... ghastly.

But I love it.

The bizarre thing for me has been finding an angle of dangle for the bullhorns that makes every part of the bars comfortable and usable....

I think I'm getting there, but slowly.

brockers

[QUOTE 1424458"]
My pompino currently has on-one midge bars. I haven't ridden it much yet so haven't given them a chance, but I don't think I'm keen so far. [/quote]

I was going to order some Midge bars because I like the way they look like the bars you see in pictures of track legends from the turn of 19/20th century. Now I'm not so sure. Why aren't you keen? The charge bowls look pretty similar.

I use Cinelli 65s for summer (when I don't use my fixed for serious riding - just like the look of the Cinellis), and extremely comfortable chopped and flopped homemade bullhorns for winter.

I'd use drops all year round but seeing as there's no hoods to ride on as I just have one cross lever, my hands find a natural position with the bullhorns. Didn't somebody once come out with some 'honking horns'*, i.e., brake hoods without the levers for fixie handlebars, that you could grip when going uphill?

* Edit: I've found some ! Good ol' Dia Compe.

Ibbots

Cut down Profile Airwing - gives me perfect riding position with brake always at fingertips. Also comfortable and plenty of leverage when climbing out of the saddle.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
my ss's have on-one mary (atb) and bullhorns (road)

my pompetamine has midges.

D

Deleted member 1258

I chose their courier bars when I brought my Person a few years ago, like a drop bar thats been chopped and flopped.

SP_A0096.jpg

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I have a very narrow-cut flat bar wth X-lite bar ends. Normal position is on the bar ends towards the clamps. Super comfy and great for climbing.

Only downside is I have to shift my hands to brake...

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i didn't like the drops that i got from on-one. i had some old mtb bars and ergons grips with integrated bar ends. i chopped the bars down to 430mm and stuck on the ergons. perfect for long commutes and i like having bar ends to get up the bloody big hills where i live.

tyred

Legendary Member
Traditional steel North Road bars on my Carlton. I think they come from a 1950s Triumph sports bike. The only real reason is that the frame came without bars and I had these lying around and I put them on as a temporary measure. That was about three years ago.

Top Bottom