What bike is this? From old Scientific and Technical Catalogue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'd guess late 70s / early 80s going by the blurb about the music cassettes. The "Supergroups" pack has ABBA included, so that definitely puts it into that kind of timespan.

good spot, are the cassettes or 8-track cartridges? Look quite thick for cassettes but I may be wrong.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'd guess late 70s / early 80s going by the blurb about the music cassettes. The "Supergroups" pack has ABBA included, so that definitely puts it into that kind of timespan.

Blondie and Boney M too. According to Wikipedia 1978 was Boney M's biggest year, it was also the year Blondie's Parallel Lines came out.

So I'll guess early 80s. Or maybe '79 at a pinch.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Blondie and Boney M too. According to Wikipedia 1978 was Boney M's biggest year, it was also the year Blondie's Parallel Lines came out.

So I'll guess early 80s. Or maybe '79 at a pinch.

early 80's as it takes a while for compilation tapes to make it into the catalogue.....

OP
OP
B
Forget about the bike. We need more nostalgic shots of 80s type stuff for sale in this catalog.

scientific and technical cat 3 (4).JPG

OP
OP
B
scientific and technical cat 3 (3).JPG

I had one of those little Casio music keyboards myself. Always looked forward to getting the scientific and technical catalogues back then. Amazing what you store in the loft. A bit of a nostalgia buzz anyway.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Those short guards were enough to protect headset, brakes, and the underside of a cheap leather saddle.

Top Bottom