What bike to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stoves

hi newbie just joined

After years in motorsport now given up im looking to try cycling and start at homecwith a turbo trainer and a decent but not bank busting road bike

My question is budget £450.00 what bike brand and model would you reccomend me

Thanks

outlash

also available in orange
Welcome to CC :smile:. It's a good time of year to buy a bike as the sales with last years' bikes are in full swing (a lot of this years bikes are last years with a new paint job). A lot of people like the Cannondale Synapse as a comfy yet quick bike and this would come under your budget: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/synapse-alloy-claris-2015-road-bike-ec071024

Fubar

Guru
As @HLaB says I started with the Triban3 for £300 - great bike for the money, though the service from Decathlon can be patchy. Plenty of info on here about them and a Triban Owners Club forum.

@Col5632 has the Giant defy so can give you a heads up, as @vickster says I think they are good value though not to everyone's taste. Plenty of bargains to be had going second hand too.

OP
OP
S

Stoves

Im having problems with sizing of bike im 6 ft tall

Its a bit like my work / trade theres are literally just way to many options out there and you just get bogged down

I give my customers 5 options then I always advise my customers to then select 3 from the 5 and i quote on the 3

Seems to work so this should be the same

Im looking for £450.00 new or used 5 road bike options to then drop to 3

Your 5 options would be appreciated then

Thanks

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Get a large frame, Its more suited to your height. If you want to buy new you can always go for a Triban 520

Secondhand wise, Triban 3 is a good buy providing the frame is in good condition. you can pick them up fairly cheaply on ebay then chop and change whatever you want on them as you desire. Definitely change the wheels though. you might want something a bit lighter then what the original T3's came with. secondhand 105 or Tiagra groupsets shouldnt cost that much and that will help keep the costs down.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Im having problems with sizing of bike im 6 ft tall

Its a bit like my work / trade theres are literally just way to many options out there and you just get bogged down

I give my customers 5 options then I always advise my customers to then select 3 from the 5 and i quote on the 3

Seems to work so this should be the same

Im looking for £450.00 new or used 5 road bike options to then drop to 3

Your 5 options would be appreciated then

Thanks

my option would be the Ridley i sent you a link for

Top Bottom