What broadband speed do you get? Mine has just doubled.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
.....to 1.1 mbps:rolleyes:

My exchange has just been ADSL2+ enabled. Actually, I wasn't expecting it to make much difference at all so I'm quite pleased. I can now watch Youtube vids at 480p without buffering. I still look on in envy at all you lucky folk who get blistering fast speeds.

musa

Über Member
I assume your with virgin? My area is being done to next year I think, bloody nuisance anyways never mind I'm going back home in 3 weeks

OP
OP
Doseone

Doseone

Guru
I assume your with virgin? My area is being done to next year I think, bloody nuisance anyways never mind I'm going back home in 3 weeks

No, IDNet, who I'm really pleased with. I just live in a rural area, a long way from the exchange.

Just upgraded to BT Infinity my download speed has jumped from 9 Mb to around 64 Mb well chuffed.

64mb:eek: You lucky, lucky bu**er^_^ That must be amazing.

Davidc

Guru
You people with fast broadband ...

I get 3Mb/s and that's fast for round here, since I put the filter on the incoming line. We're just too far from the exchange and on aluminium cable. Supposed to be being improved next year.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
106mbit on the "posher" infinity ;)

stumpy66

Veteran
For those on a slow connection (like me) ditch the cheapo modem that your provider supplies, they are usually rubbish and flaky. My speed more than doubled by doing that, you will only get the speed that is stable on your connection, but it is constantly monitored. Over the following weeks by buying a better modem my speed gradully increased to around 3mbs when i was lucky to get about 1mbs before.

As someone else said depends on your line and length from exchange

simon.r

Person
How do you people with 1 or 2 mbs survive?!

I'm genuinely surprised, I thought most people had access to reasonably fast broadband nowadays? My 30 mbs is in a large village a few miles from the centre of Nottingham, so not exactly in the wilderness, but not in the centre of a big city either.

Top Bottom