What can we offer in our cycling cafe to make it somewhere you would love to come?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Get in touch with Dipak at Popup Bikes in Manchester. He's set up a great little business that appears to be thriving and long may he continue, a lovely bloke with nice staff.

http://www.popupbikes.co.uk/
I'll second that :okay:

davidphilips

Veteran
a picture says a thousand words

Attachments

• Hydrangeas.jpg
    Hydrangeas.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 70

crazyjoe101

For me personally it's these thing in order of importance:
-Can I sit within clear sight of my bike and as close to it as possible?
-Can I get my bottles refilled? (never ever had someone say no but you never know)
-Can I get some basic food for a decent price that will keep me going for a bit? Wholemeal bread and any of beans, egg or bacon will do the trick here.
-Can I get a hot drink without spending more than £2 This is ideal.

My favorite place (which has sadly burnt down now) did a smaller version of their big breakfast from their own produce in the farm shop, so it had all of the variety but wasn't overwhelming in size. For about £5.50 you'd get a small coffee, some toast and a nice small sized breakfast with everything you'd want which tasted beautiful. If you wanted you could get the normal size for £7.50 but I find on my rides this is a bit much esp. since I eat whilst I ride.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Large teapots for groups. I've only come across this once, and, yet, as I sat down I thought 'why don't they do this everywhere?'

Probably but I do it all the time anyway.

OP
OP
Gorillacoffee

Gorillacoffee

Regular
Free air, free servicing advice, free loan of tools, indoor and outdoor seating, tolerance of smokers, plenty of bike parking.
Affordable servicing and spares (Tea and coffee and cake will be your big earners, so marking up brake pads and puncture kits too much would be counter productive). Where is this cafe?

Hi. We will be opening in the Kings Heath area of Birmingham in about 6 weeks time. Thanks for your comments!

Thanks to everyone who has commented. Our website will be going live in the next two weeks and I plan to post the link on to here. We are trying to create a venue that encourages an active lifestyle whilst enjoying pleasures in life - good food, coffee, beer and friends.

Best wishes
Good luck and remember the mighty Oggie, a fantastic USP in Birmingham and puts another 30k in the tank!

Top Bottom