What can we offer in our cycling cafe to make it somewhere you would love to come?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 4484710, member: 9609"]not having one of those stupidly noisy espresso machine, I like to have a sit down and have some peace and quiet.[/QUOTE]
A big, six head espresso machine with 3 steamers, 2 manual, one automatic, for good coffee and speedy service.
How can you have peace and quiet in a cafe that is supposed to attract groups of cyclists @User9609? Go have a picnic in the woods instead :tongue:

If you get the coffee right then I don't really care about anything else. But getting the coffee right is very very difficult.
Not difficult at all if I'm making it - no hipster barista here! :laugh:

ACS

Legendary Member
I know many in the cycling fellowship desire coffee and I can understand this but I feel that a lone heartfelt plea for tea has to be voiced.

A pot of good quality tea preferably from a pot that does not pour its contents all over the table can have revival properties of astounding proportions, as can bacon rolls, apple pie and custard and of course a second pot tea.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Take cards, but not having a ridiculously high minimum charge (unlike one café I was in at the weekend...)
And an ability to cope with cyclists arriving in groups of a dozen or more at once.
Plus the other stuff already mentioned. :okay:

Philh

Über Member
No music, not even background stuff. Access to first aid kit. Contactless payment. Multiple loos.

Hot chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate bars, chocolate spread on toast.

Get the coffee right, tea in a proper pot with tea leaves.

Let us use our e-cigs inside (perfectly legal).

Roxy641

[QUOTE 4484710, member: 9609"]not having one of those stupidly noisy espresso machine, I like to have a sit down and have some peace and quiet.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone ever invented a "Silencer" for those noisy espresso machines?

Top Bottom