What car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Regular readers of my alcohol infused alzheimers enhanced ramblings know that in 2020 I was left an XC90. As lovely as it was, it was a bit unnecessary and a lot of money to insure, tax and maintain, not to mention keep fuelled.

I decided last summer that enough time had passed to sell it without seeming ungrateful so sold up and went carless. However, this state of affairs did not last long as a visit to the doctor about my increasingly painful hip confirmed my worst fears - I am going to need a new one (hip, not XC90) before I'm too much older.

Running has now stopped (7:07 mile for anyone following that thread) and on my worst days I don't even fancy cycling on the ebike, so another was regrettably in order.

So what did I end up with? A G-Wizz, or a Pinzgaur? Another Smart, or a Stolly? Best guess wins a free fitting at Accy's tailor.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Welcome back @Drago

A couple of questions; firstly, if it's a hip-thing then do you need to be higher up? And how much space do you need?

That's from someone who had about 12 hours to decide how to spend a £30k prize win on a car last April, and ended up with a Honda CR-V hybrid, primarily due to space and height requirements. The hybrid's a bonus.

Jameshow

Veteran
What budget?

What height?

What role city driving or cross country??

Diesel petrol hybrid or electric??

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'll give you some small clues.

The boot is big enough to take a large Labrador...just.

It's diseasel, although the model is available with petrol too.

It's European.

It's not a Dacia. Couldn't have one of those - their owners possess an inverse version of Tesla owners smugness, so even if they cured cancer and brought about world peace I'd never own one.

Gavroche would grudgingly approve.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If it's a Gavroche-type car I'm suggesting French, and a little bit stylish. But with space, so Citroen and Peugeot are out.

My guess is a Renault Grand Modus.

But then I know very little about cars.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Berlingo Multispace

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Here it is. NEXT!

ter%2Ch_900%2Cq_80%2Cw_1600%2Fh6ukqscukj121klactzv.jpg

Top Bottom