What chain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al3xsh

Über Member
Hi all,

So the time has come again to replace my chain ... I'm currently running 11 speed 105 and when I last replaced my chain I replaced the shimano chain that was on the bike with an SRAM red chain (mostly due to ease of fitting because of the SRAM power link). At the time it made my sense of order twitch a bit :-)

What do others do? Is mixing parts of groupsets a cardinal sin? :-)

I've since read conflicting opinions on whether you should stick with shimano chains on a shimano cassette, or whether kit from different manufactures works ok together.

Cheers,

A

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Any chain will work as long as its the correct speed , ie, 11 speed for you .
Many people {myself included} go for KMC with their reusable quick link. Probably the most popular choice.

pawl

Legendary Member
Hi all,

So the time has come again to replace my chain ... I'm currently running 11 speed 105 and when I last replaced my chain I replaced the shimano chain that was on the bike with an SRAM red chain (mostly due to ease of fitting because of the SRAM power link). At the time it made my sense of order twitch a bit :-)

What do others do? Is mixing parts of groupsets a cardinal sin? :-)

I've since read conflicting opinions on whether you should stick with shimano chains on a shimano cassette, or whether kit from different manufactures works ok together.

Cheers,

A

If you want to stay with a Shimano chain,you can get a Shimano specific quick link.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I nearly got one of these so the chain was colour co-ordinated with the bike...
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/kmc-x11sl-dlc-11-speed-chain/rp-prod120628

Top Bottom