What clip on aero bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Please don't post any pics of chocolate aero bars taped onto a bike.
I seriously want to start TT'ing without spending a grand on a specific TT bike. I'm not thinking of skin suits and pointy hats, just want to purchase some bang for buck bars.

Thanks.

The ones that fit will be the most bang for buck :okay:

Sharky

Guru
Ones I like are the profile century aero bars
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Profile-De...MIpqaz3ofL1QIVB-EbCh300Qr-EAQYAiABEgJEnvD_BwE

These have the solid bridge and point upwards, making them very comfortable. The arm rests are fairly high and attached to a road bike does not turn them into an extreme aero position, but does keep your arms in front of the body to give an aero advantage.

I've used straights, s-bends and ones with a more extreme position and lower arm rests, but these can put a lot of weight on your arms and can be tiring after a while.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Ones I like are the profile century aero bars
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Profile-De...MIpqaz3ofL1QIVB-EbCh300Qr-EAQYAiABEgJEnvD_BwE

These have the solid bridge and point upwards, making them very comfortable. The arm rests are fairly high and attached to a road bike does not turn them into an extreme aero position, but does keep your arms in front of the body to give an aero advantage.

I've used straights, s-bends and ones with a more extreme position and lower arm rests, but these can put a lot of weight on your arms and can be tiring after a while.
Quality advice, thanks :smile:

S-Express

Like sharky says - straight bars, s-bend, ski-bend - you need to try a few and decide what you like. Getting a good hand/grip position is critical to that and you won't know what you like until you try it.

IMG_5120.JPG

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I know some will say don't do it but I got some from aliexpress
Damn sight cheaper and I am well pleased with them
If I ever fall off and snap one then I will just buy another
You only rest on them most the time ,but I have tried pulling up and pushing down on them more than you ever would irl and they are well sturdy
I got mine for £8.50 and have used them at least once a week for 6 months so I won't grumble if they get broke somehow
Don't think I would buy the aero handlebars as they would have to take more pressure but thumbs up for the clip on bars

broady

Veteran
Very nice bars.
The metal on the arm rests is very thin and prone to snapping when you push down onto them when putting the power down.

Top Bottom