What clip on aero bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Very nice bars.
The metal on the arm rests is very thin and prone to snapping when you push down onto them when putting the power down.
I only weigh about 10 10 and average about 170 watts on a 20 miler. Geraint Thomas may snap the metal.

broady

Veteran
My friend has snapped 2 or 3 sets in the last 18 months, but he still buys another set each time.
I'm thinking of getting a set as I've not tried them yet

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
I like the look of these but do they come with pads and can you get your hands under them if you want to ride on the tops? I will be using these for long distance, rather than tearing around!

Thank you all!

Sharky

Guru
I like the look of these but do they come with pads and can you get your hands under them if you want to ride on the tops? I will be using these for long distance, rather than tearing around!

Thank you all!
It says arm pads included in the description.

I've got the straight version and no, you cant get your hands under the rests. I've had several different clip ons and none have allowed hand positions under the arm rests.

Have a look at http://www.profile-design.com/product/aerobars/airstryke/
Not tried them, but I've used the fixed position version and they are very comfortable.

r04DiE

It says arm pads included in the description.

I've got the straight version and no, you cant get your hands under the rests. I've had several different clip ons and none have allowed hand positions under the arm rests.

Have a look at http://www.profile-design.com/product/aerobars/airstryke/
Not tried them, but I've used the fixed position version and they are very comfortable.
Many thanks for that - its the type of thing I'm looking for, but a bit pricey and I would have to get it posted from the US, too. I have been recommended the 3T Clip-On Pro ones on an ultradistance cycling site, so I may well go with those.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Very nice bars.
The metal on the arm rests is very thin and prone to snapping when you push down onto them when putting the power down.

I used to find I was wrestling the bars. Gradually changed my technique and position to avoid that.

I have recently fitted those, along with new bars, to the TT iron.

Tin Pot

Guru

Thank you all!

Under them? You can ride on the tops if that’s what you mean.

r04DiE

Under them? You can ride on the tops if that’s what you mean.
OK, thanks - I am now wondering if I need a lower stack size than those. I am looking to get something that has the pads as low as possible.

Tin Pot

Guru
OK, thanks - I am now wondering if I need a lower stack size than those. I am looking to get something that has the pads as low as possible.

And so it starts...! ;)

You won’t get a great fit.

You won’t get great handling.

Eventually you’ll give in....

F8072C28-FF85-4DE6-A2CF-D1EA829F37AE.jpeg

Top Bottom