Celeste or red/white ?

• Celeste

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Red/white

• Couldn't give a ****

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Ok after a lot of stoopid questions on these boards and some helpful hints, tips advice etc I finally made it into a real bike shop and took a look at what i think is the bike I may end up buying. Here is is:

It is a Bianchi Via Nirone C2C Alu carbon Shimano Ultegra/106 10sp compact in a 61cm frame option

I am hoping it's a good bike for my budget (£1000 top whack) and for longish comfortable but fast road rides.

I had fallen in lurve with the white frame colour available on the aluminium frame version...but apparently the alu carbon is a better bike ...but not available in white...so I have to decide between the red/white/black as per pic or the same bike in Bianchi's famous celeste colour, which is where you come in because I have no idea which coulour is coolest and most practical.

Here is the aluminium frame version in celeste as I dont have a pic of the alu carbon frame in celeste:

I am thinking the celeste is a cool 'look at me' colour, but would be hard to match any cycle clothing to unless it was the full Bianchi team kit...where as the red frame allows me to wear red/ white/ black/ yellow etc without commiting cycle fashion harikarri or whatever the phrase is.

The bloke in the shop said that the celeste would hold it's re sale value better...erm...not that i intend selling it but you never know I guess.

So which colour gets your vote, Celeste or red/white?

...also this bike has the option to be supplied with a triple...so is that a cool thing to have on a road bike if I ever do need to re sell it...or is it the kiss of death in roadie street cred?

Also as it costs £950 just about anywhere I will buy it from this LBS because he said he would do a full and proper bike fit and free service...but I want more!! I thought it should at least come with some spd pedals for that money right?? What else should I ask him to throw in??

LLB

Red/white

yenrod

Its a Bianchi so its got to be

y8b49i55ckbi5.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I remember one shop trying to sell me the SCr2.0 on the basis that it had a new paint scheme (different to the 2007 model). I really couldn't give a monkeys, I just wanted the bike :laugh:

Bianchis are different though, so I'd say Celeste.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
a green one :wacko:

asterix

Comrade Member
In your part of the world you should be ok with a double. OTOH, in North Yorks for example, a road bike with a triple would not be unreasonable.

Top Bottom