What crap jobs have you done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Nothing that bad compared to some here.

I've Worked in telesales selling Windows which lasted about 2 weeks

Worked in BHS resturant for a small job at school.

Other than that I've been in accounts ever since

insurance admin with clerical medical with some of the most horribly insular and bitchy people i've had the displeasure of working with

IT support at computershare, shoot hole of note

magnatom said:
Oh and I worked in a housing office one summer, in the repairs section. I had many fun phone calls like (remember this is west coast of Scotland)
Heh, I've done that job too! Expunged it from my memory though....:blush:
Some people really did expect you to come round and wipe their bottom.

Alcdrew

Chuffy said:
Been a trade plater (paid hitchhiker basically).

I saw someone doing that the other day, and thought

A: What sort of poeple pick them up? As I would never stop and give some stranger a lift
B: I'd like to do that job... But I'd take a bike with me and bike home instead of hitching.

Big Bren

I spent a summer working as a 'builders mate', arranged by my Dad. What I actually did was spend six weeks chipping the mortar off old bricks so they could be re-used. Mind-numbingly awful.

Also, did a stint of agency work many years ago and got sent to a doughnut factory. After kitting up with the full hairnet and beard snood, I was sent outside to sweep leaves from the half mile approach road. Every day. For 2 weeks.

Bren

gbb

Legendary Member
Between jobs once years ago...just needed a little something to tide me over.
Went round the local farms, see what they got.
Yes boy....follow me :smile:. He took me to a barn full of hay bales. There was a stack of Armitages Rabbit Bedding poly bags (empty)...you fill them, i pay you x per hundred bags.
No problem....until i'd been doing it for 1/2 an hour :o)

I realised i would be working all day for a pittance :blush:

I lasted a day and a half....enough already :biggrin:

Pete

I remember picking apples before they were ripe ('thinning' I think they called it), spraying the trees with something noxious (still puzzled about that extra head I've grown since and have to keep covered up), and packing (live, battery) chickens into crates (now you know why). Thankfully this all happened many many years ago...

domtyler

Über Member
I worked as a concierge one summer during the holidays and used to take my girlfriend with me to make the time pass quicker as mostly there was nothing to do apart from sit there. I worked from a broom cupboard at one place and was caught by an old woman 'shagging me bird' with a pint of lager from the pub next door in one hand and a spliff in the other!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Paper boy. Well it isnt that bad, but the dogs round here dont like me.

Tetedelacourse

Trainee graduate manager in a mobile phone shop straight from uni - bloody awful. hated it. 3 months

Temp cash desk in Alliance and Leicester with a bunch of bitter old women who'd hide when the real peanut customers came in. Mind you some out and out lunatics too which was a good laugh - one customer had cracked and used a coathanger with 2 teaspoons on his head to intercept messages from Mars.

Replied to a marketing ad in paper - involved accompanying "Doogie" round the port of Leith trying to flog lighters and make-up mirrors to dirty old men. One of them threatened me with rape while Doogie attempted a pitch. Lasted til lunchtime. See ye.

Contract research org data manager - 7 painful years, good folk kept me there much longer than I should have been.

£4.20 an hour as a barman at the chavviest, dirtiest, most rip-off bar in town. We didn't get paid past midnight, despite having to cleanup for an hour after that. It was so bad we were told by the manager to serve diet coke instead of a single vodka coke.

I lasted 3 months until my job selling luggage in the bid department store in town came through. Phew! What a relief - I could wear nice clothes, it was calm and peaceful, I had lots to learn constantly to keep me interested, and good pay with comission, and a very good friend working with me.

That took me a year and a half, now I'm back in my final year, its about to see me through this one too! Luggage is cooler than it seems!

col

Legendary Member
Iv had a few,but the last 16 years were...
Auxiliary nurse for four years,left to go self employed,opened a shop and worked it for eight years,ended up in buses when we needed extra income.Wish id never left the hospital really.

domtyler said:
I worked as a concierge one summer during the holidays and used to take my girlfriend with me to make the time pass quicker as mostly there was nothing to do apart from sit there. I worked from a broom cupboard at one place and was caught by an old woman 'shagging me bird' with a pint of lager from the pub next door in one hand and a spliff in the other!

So, basically, this job entailed necking ale, getting stoned and shagging. How much did you have to pay them each week?

col

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
In a well known sausage manufacturers factory (ok Walls'). Took me eight years to eat a sausage after I'd seen what went in them.

This reminded me of when i was an apprentice butcher,when i was 17,i made mince all day everyday,until the day i left through boredom,and it took me a long time before i would eat mince too.

Top Bottom