What cycle kit to wear on one of these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annirak

Veteran
What a load of nonesense........its called supporting the team you like......
Personally, I don't go for team kit. That said, people gave me a hard time for getting red/black tyres to go with the red/black trim on my bike. I don't care what they say, I like it.

By all means, get kit that goes with the bike.

Yesterday, I saw a guy riding a Cervelo bike with Cervelo shorts and a Cervelo jersey. Have you checked if Wilier sells kit?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Team Aldi, it's what all the cool kids (like me) wear :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Personally, I don't go for team kit. That said, people gave me a hard time for getting red/black tyres to go with the red/black trim on my bike. I don't care what they say, I like it.

By all means, get kit that goes with the bike.

Yesterday, I saw a guy riding a Cervelo bike with Cervelo shorts and a Cervelo jersey. Have you checked if Wilier sells kit?
Im not thr OP and i dont ride a willier, so dont particularly care if they do or not.....

I wear what i want to wear, not what some people on a forum or some rule maker tells me......unless i become pro, get kit for free from sponsor

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Rule #17
// Team kit is for members of the team.
Wearing Pro team kit is also questionable if you’re not paid to wear it. If you must fly the colors of Pro teams, all garments should match perfectly, i.e no Mapei jersey with Kelme shorts and Telekom socks.

lee1980sim

I'm going to be wearing clothing with elements of blue black and white in to match my bike the gloves will be red white and blue and my helmet red white and black, is all this OK?

Come on like I care, I'll be comfortable and in mine and the wife's eyes will look good and that's all that matters!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A question for @ianrauk , im thinking of starting a KERCHING penny jar for this type of question, so what kind of jar do i have to use , does it have to have a sponsors name on it or will any jar suffice :okay:

Depends if the jar and the jar lid match..:okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Just buy the kit he likes the look of, he obviously doesn't support any specific team...other than the Willier, Shimano etc sales and marketing teams :whistle:

Travs

For any nonsense about teamkit not being for team only:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=f...gJAN&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=football+fans

Personally - absolutely go with what you like - it needs to fit and do the job. Just tell your mate that there's the pro-bike-kit-w**ker view (complete with its own super cool fb page:banghead:) but I like to think this is more aimed at anyone decked out in Team Sky or wearing a yellow/polka dot/giro-pink jersey etc. Or even perhaps a Strava challenge jersey for £120bn.

I love my Wilier and I love the brand. I have some Italian heritage in my family associated with the unification of Italy (I'm not Garibaldi's great grandson though) and I'm pretty sure I will never buy another bike. My informed choice which is not for everyone.
I like team colours but I've chosen a different and no doubt more pikey route so I've read on here - scouring ebay for vintage team jerseys when they were using Wilier - Brescia Liquigas, Liquigas Patatine, Cofidis, Gerolstiener, and, yes, this does mean I have a Lampre badboy in the wardrobe too. I've worn it once out but tend to stay away. No I'm not the guy in the famous fat-fan picture.
For me it refers to a previous era. I'm not trying to emulate that I'm a current team member, I just love Wilier. End of. I was also bought Wilier Castelli stuff for my b'day recently.

It's also cheap as its second hand, but in decent condition and all have been washed and sanitised etc. And its not uber-cheap knock-off stuff from China where the rear pockets are the size of a postage stamp.

Its my view - I don't expect people to agree or like it, but a bit of respect suits me fine. Pass it on to your mate or don't. But either way, tell him to enjoy riding the bike.

Travs

There are many reasons i would avoid using football fans doing something as a reason to suggest everyone should.
I couldn't agree about football - but the point has been slightly missed...As you will see from my post, I haven't stated anyone should do anything especially with the word - I'm insinuating with the link that the supposed school of thought that non-pro cyclists shouldn't wear team gear is completely opposed for a myriad of other sports (football being what I consider to be arguably the most obvious example) where its perfectly reasonable; encouraged even.
Now that's clarified, back on topic...

Tin Pot

Guru
Do you let other people tell you how to dress at home,no,then why on a bike.Wear whatever you want.

Yes I do, the people say "Put some fecking clothes on my friends are in the front room. And it's three o'clock in the afternoon why arent you dressed anyway? For goodness sake! Walking around in your pants..."

Doesn't everyone let other people tell them what to wear?

Top Bottom