What cycle kit to wear on one of these?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

Yes I do, the people say "Put some fecking clothes on my friends are in the front room. And it's three o'clock in the afternoon why arent you dressed anyway? For goodness sake! Walking around in your pants..."

Doesn't everyone let other people tell them what to wear?
My employer is always telling me what to wear... Lee that's not uniform / company issue, Lee where's your tie, Lee how can you have forgotten your shirt, and so on, so yes I get told what to wear

Tin Pot

Guru
OK, so I can't resist this any more, probably because I'm tired or summat.

Which kit should I wear for this amazing example.

I think this little outfit would do:

Boy_outfit_BMX_Mar12.jpg

Rule #17
// Team kit is for members of the team.
Wearing Pro team kit is also questionable if you’re not paid to wear it. If you must fly the colors of Pro teams, all garments should match perfectly, i.e no Mapei jersey with Kelme shorts and Telekom socks.

However....... it is also cheap.

Last year's team strips are sold at the end of the season as the new kit comes in.

It is a good chance to get quality kit at knock down prices. In some cases you can buy at 25% of the original cost

If you are a starter or on a tight budget then why let the snobbish attitude of a few stop you from being comfortable and well equipped

As for mixing and matching - do it as it winds the snobs up!

annirak

Veteran
They even come with matching helmets! Perfect!

bpsmith

Veteran
My wife bought me a Sky Jersey last birthday. It's the light blue one, so not the usual race colours. Really like it tbh and it's nice and thin for the Summer rides.

Fancying the Etixx Quickstep one at the moment, as am a Fan of the Manx Missile.

Can't decide on that or one of the two new Castelli Café jerseys.

Like @Travs, I also have an Italian background and have a Bianchi Jersey and then Castelli kit bought out of season. Great kit and very hard not to stick with once you start wearing them.

Which one then?
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
I have white tyres to match my white bike - what a error that was!

Usually wear red plain cycling lycra with Sky shorts which matches the flashes of red my frame has.

Although I am a designer... and all designers have OCD

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My wife bought me a Sky Jersey last birthday. It's the light blue one, so not the usual race colours. Really like it tbh and it's nice and thin for the Summer rides.

Fancying the Etixx Quickstep one at the moment, as am a Fan of the Manx Missile.

Can't decide on that or one of the two new Castelli Café jerseys.

Like @Travs, I also have an Italian background and have a Bianchi Jersey and then Castelli kit bought out of season. Great kit and very hard not to stick with once you start wearing them.

Which one then?
View attachment 87330
View attachment 87328
View attachment 87324
View attachment 87323

View attachment 87322
Personally i like the black and yellow one

Travs

Odd - there's nothing in Castelli's history relating to Florence but that is definitely a Florentine-looking Fleur-de-Lys in the design.

bpsmith

Veteran
Odd - there's nothing in Castelli's history relating to Florence but that is definitely a Florentine-looking Fleur-de-Lys in the design.
Castelli sponsor Team Italy and their road championship was held in Florence. Their commemorative 2013 Jersey had the Fleur built into the design too.

Top Bottom