What cycle to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arvind970

I’m looking for a second-hand bike for day-to-day use. I’m looking at performance bikes from Cannondale or Bianchi but my budget is not more than 15k. Please let me know if you know anyone is cycling.

KRUSSELL

Is this a wind up ?

battered

Guru
That sort of money, even the lower figure, will buy just about anything second hand.

Do you really want to ride £1500, second hand, so a circa £3000 bike, every day to work? Why? Will it be secure? When it wears out will you replace the worn out bits with parts of similar quality? If you do, it will be an expensive means of going to work.

I would be spending half or a third of this amount SH and getting a very nice bike for commuting, one that's good to ride but won't cost a fortune at repair time. The saving can go towards a better bike that is used when the extra 1% of performance is required, and the fact that yuo aren't riding it every day means it will last longer.

adscrim

Veteran
The name and language combined with a figure of 15k for a second hand bike could suggest that Arvind isn't in the UK. 15k indian rupees is a little over £200.

The name and random digits at the end match up with a number of completely new posters recently.
Smacks of some sort of spammer activity though only one had a link in the sig and one did actually give
coherent replies. But all asking "what cycle" questions.
Is cyclechat getting high rankings on a search on google India for some oddball reason
or are Indian companies blocking all local cycle chat forums for unkown reasons ?

Top Bottom