What dads are for......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
So my lad said a few days ago that his Giant hybrid needed replacing and he might like a road bike, music to my ears!

So I looked around various websites at bikes in his £600 budget.
Yesterday I said that we'd do the rounds of the local LBS's to see what was about.
Giant store Cambridge- really helpful lad, tried a nice bike out in his budget. Liked it.
Cambridge Light Blue- helpful lad, no stock in size to try
Ben Haywards- our friend Joel works there. Told him the remit, but then I noticed something with a £600 ticket...
"What's this Joel?"
"A Madone 2.3, best Trek aluminium frame, full 105, ex demo. Been round the car park a few times. Reduced from £1200..."

SOLD!

So I mooch around while the money bit is happening, until my lad comes to me all sheepish.

"Erm, my card doesn't appear to be working....."

Bloody kids.
Bloody credit cards!

image.jpg

He is making my lunch at present, then we go out for a spin....

MisterStan

Label Required
Lucky him! That's a lovely first road bike!

Fubar

Guru
So my lad said a few days ago that his Giant hybrid needed replacing and he might like a road bike, music to my ears!

Yesterday I said that we'd do the rounds of the local LBS's to see what was about.
Giant store Cambridge- really helpful lad, tried a nice bike out in his budget. Liked it.
Ben Haywards- our friend Joel works there. Told him the remit, but then I noticed something with a £600 ticket...
"What's this Joel?"
"A Madone 2.3, best Trek aluminium frame, full 105, ex demo. Been round the car park a few times. Reduced from £1200..."

SOLD!

So I mooch around while the money bit is happening, until my lad comes to me all sheepish.

Bloody kids.
Bloody credit cards!

View attachment 75859

You've been played :laugh:

I know the feeling well...

Levo-Lon

Guru
Good on ya ,keep em into bike..

I got a lovely sensa sl special edition pro from merlins last year down from 1k to 600.
My Dad said ohh thats nice my boy can I have your trek 7.1 now as that old bike you gave me is a bit knackered!! Ok dad ,I was going to keep that as I quite like the flat bars but you have it then...

Bless him ,and he's nicked my bloody turbo trainer!!!..bless him again, he is getting his own back I guess :giggle:

Cyclist33

"What's this Joel?"

SOLD!

Bloody kids.
Bloody credit cards!

View attachment 75859

Should've told him to go and start saving then!

Top Bottom