What didn't you get away with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

Crash said:
Ladyrider looking back it does seem freaky i guess but this was about 35 years ago :ohmy: and i never once thought they were going to do us harm, it just didn't seem to enter our heads in those days.

We were petrified about what the cops were going to say if they turned up though. They never were called the punishment had been dished out.

When I was younger(also bout 30 odd yrs ago) thats the way "youthful highjinx" was dealt with by the older generation - a good swift boot up the ar$e!!!!!:smile:

In turn you had respect for them for not phoning the Police or worse - telling your parents.:thumbsup:

Same when the Teachers were allowed to "belt" you at school - they didn't do it for nothing and you knew exactly where the line was(and NOT to cross it!).:thumbsup:

Yep! I've had a few boots up the ar$e and a few "beltings" - I got the message eventually!!!!!!!:sad:

p.s. don't know if they used the belt in England - but it was a leather strap that teachers in Scotland were allowed to hit you on the palm of your hand with(sometimes upto six times on the same hand).

bauldbairn said:
p.s. don't know if they used the belt in England - but it was a leather strap that teachers in Scotland were allowed to hit you on the palm of your hand with(sometimes upto six times on the same hand).

At comprehensive school in Essex in the mid 70s, I had both the slipper and the cane on my backside (not at the same time)!:wacko:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Being told not to throw clay bombs (softish clay on the end of a bamboo stick and from the shoulder flick it forwards to release the clay) in the back garden while my dad was watching "world of sport" on TV (black and white in them days).

well stupid me ignored him, place the clay on the stick, brought it high over my shoulder for it to release backwards and break the kitchen window that had been replaced a few days earlier after my brother broke it.

Fearing a sore backside from the resulting belting I dashed behind the garden shed (knowing dad couldn't see me behind there) but alas a discarded mirror was at the correct angle to give away my position with said stick in hand.

I couldn't sit down that evening or the next and maybe the other half of the following day :biggrin:

Had it not been for that damn mirror my dad thought the neighbours kids had done it :angry:

bauldbairn

Dayvo said:
At comprehensive school in Essex in the mid 70s, I had both the slipper and the cane on my backside (not at the same time)!;)

Wow!:biggrin: The cane on the backside(gimme the belt anyday) - although some elderly gentlemen would pay hansomely for that nowadays(Max M).:biggrin:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
bauldbairn said:

Didn't have the tawse in England though my Scottish grandparents had one I was on the receiving end of a belting. I had to make do with the slipper, being hit with a blackboard ruler, a metal fly swat and the cane while at school.

Still up to mischief thirty five years after my last dose of corporal punishment :biggrin:

richyx

Speeding ticket, Co Durham, 2002.
We were on our way up to Northumberland to house hunt. It was about 7am. The road was bleedin' well empty, apart from us. Police with nowt better to do clocked us from a bridge. However, as I was so compliant and polite, they said they'd log my speed at their first observation (90mph) rather than their second (96mph) the second could have led to more points and a bigger fine (so they said). £60 and 3 points.
I don't usually speed, but now I really really don't speed, to the extent where my kids tell me I drive like an OAP ;)

Cycling to work around 5.30 am in the 1980's , also in County Durham, and when I entered a housing estate with a large roundabout I decided to take a shortcut and go the wrong way round as there was not a soul around (as I thought).

One hundred yards on stopped by a police car (it was an Allegro I seem to remember) who asked if I was aware I had just cycked round the roundabout the wrong way. They also seemed very interested in the black bin liner contents that were strapped to the back of the bike (short lengths of timber being taken to work to machine) but eventually let me on my way with a stern word.

To this day I haven't repeated this offence.

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
Many years ago on a friday night i went to the Cinema with a lady friend (the ones you go to bed with).

Quote of the century.
laugh.gif

Top Bottom