What didn't you get away with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Delftse Post said:
I have a friend who did that - went through someones front hedge, but got home thinking he'd got away with it. He noticed a slight problem the next day when it became apparent that the front reg plate was missing. Can't remember the outcome - nothing major I think.

Cough, yes of course it was...? ;)

Apeman

Über Member
Going through a village on my way to see my mum i got clocked by Babylon. As the car was registered to my wife she got the fine but she realised it was me the fine was for. Not to have a blemish on her driving record she wrote back and told them it was me driving-I got the fine back and was asked to send my licence in to be endorsed. I sent them my licence and it was returned to me with a chit stating that it could not be processed---because it was a pink Euro licence with my previous address in England. So I did get away with it then didnt and then did!!! Result!!!!

Crash

As a young kid me and my mate thought it would be fun to smash the window of an old derelict warehouse ( or at least we thought it was derelict :biggrin: ) guy comes around the corner shouting at us to sod off so we proceed to turn around and run, straight into another man. He grabs us and takes us into the warehouse that wasn't empty and locks us in a darken room for what seemed a lifetime.

Eventually they let us out but it was a short sharp shock that i never forgot. :tired: ;)

ladyrider100

Crash said:
As a young kid me and my mate thought it would be fun to smash the window of an old derelict warehouse ( or at least we thought it was derelict :biggrin: ) guy comes around the corner shouting at us to sod off so we proceed to turn around and run, straight into another man. He grabs us and takes us into the warehouse that wasn't empty and locks us in a darken room for what seemed a lifetime.

Eventually they let us out but it was a short sharp shock that i never forgot. :tired: ;)

OMG thats a bit freaky - glad you got out safely :biggrin:

Crash

Ladyrider looking back it does seem freaky i guess but this was about 35 years ago :biggrin: and i never once thought they were going to do us harm, it just didn't seem to enter our heads in those days.

We were petrified about what the cops were going to say if they turned up though. They never were called the punishment had been dished out.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Goody two shoes here.....ahem....ish....

Got knicked riding my bike through the local precinct....... (you know pavement) as a teenager...... cops came round to home....etc.etc.... I sort of said it was a shame they weren't catching the drug dealers up the road.........

Fortunately, my parent's were OK about it.........

I'm now about to invite almost 50 years of bad luck on me, but apart from a 10 quid fine for hitching on the motorway, I've got away with things.

I'm not a bad lad, but I'm no angel either! ;) ;)

OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Dayvo said:
I'm now about to invite almost 50 years of bad luck on me, but apart from a 10 quid fine for hitching on the motorway, I've got away with things.

I'm not a bad lad, but I'm no angel either! :evil: ;)

I wondered how long it would be before you came along? ;)

Got fined for having no lights on my bike.
Been stopped for running a red light on my bike.
Been stopped at 55 miles / hr in a 40 zone on my bike as I was slipstreaming a lorry..
Been stopped for doing >30 in a 30 zone.
No penalties ensued from the Being stopped incidents just a talking to.. The having no lights on my bike .. well thats a very long story.

RabbitFood

Many years ago on a friday night i went to the Cinema with a lady friend (the ones you go to bed with). On the Saterday afternoon sent the girl i was seeing a text thanking her for a great night and ajoke about breckfast.

Hence to say i did not see her again.

Top Bottom