What do I need for zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thunderlips76

climbs for cake
Daylight's getting shorter and I'm back on the turbo trainer after work. It's mind numbingly boring and wanted to maybe give zwift a try. Unfortunately I basically have a decent laptop, a road bike and that's about it. Turbo trainer I have is a cheap no thrills thing so I wondered if anyone has any advice about 1/ costs 2/ turbo trainer type they use 3/ set up (ease of) and 4/ logistics (noise, room I need, that kind of thing).

vickster

Legendary Member
Lights for the bike would probably be cheaper :okay:

si_c

Guru
Check your trainer is compatible, if it is, get a speed cadence sensor (around 15 quid on Amazon) and an Ant+ dongle, and off you go, easy really.

If you have a little spare cash you could get a smart trainer (worth it for immersion imo) and use that, but you'd still need the dongle.

CXRAndy

Guru
Direct drive turbos are the quietest, the Neo being the most. Top end trainers are £800+, easy to setup with a Ant+ dongle(£30)
Small room, conservatory, garage. A large fan, because you will sweat in the depths of winter. noise will come from fan and you puffing and blowing.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Tacx flow was the cheapest turbo i found for zwift . Make sure your graphics card is man enough for zwift .
There was an offer that strava premium members got zwift free for a few months so that saved a few quid .

Top Bottom