What do we think about this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
The GF in question is seriously screwed up. She is divorced, we think she has lied to my pal about her age, there have been family issues involving the Police and her last BF committed suicide.

Kinda fits, doesn't it?

I am so worried about my pal that I can't even concentrate on my work. Thanks God I'm seeing him tonight for a drink.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rigid Raider said:
and her last BF committed suicide.

I suppose it's part of a pattern, but you can't necessarily blame her for that...

She might be the one in need of a little help perhaps...

Maz

Guru
I couldn't see any course fees listed on that website.
Presumably such things are too worldly and materialistic - that would go against the ISA ethos...so I guess you pay nowt!

Maz said:
I couldn't see any course fees listed on that website.
Presumably such things are too worldly and materialistic - that would go against the ISA ethos...so I guess you pay nowt!

I suspect you sign the direct debit after a few days of sensory deprivation.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I befriended a chap recently and when he first phoned to meet up for a drink it was a sly way of getting me to go and meet him at one of these events.
After I got him to tell me about it I then said that it wasn't my sort of thing but would meet him for a drink before he went anyway. He said he wasn't actually going but was hoping that some of his mates would. Aparently none wanted to and so he said he wouldn't bother meeting me for a drink either as I wasn't going to go to the event.
So much for trying to be a friend. His loss.

This kind of brainwashing cult is so dangerous and the scum who perpetuate it are almost evil enough to convince me that there is some kind of god, just so that there is a hell for these sicophants to burn in eternity.

Preying on depressed people with low self esteem is so utterly wrong, and is pure expolitation. The kind manipulative control freaks, who poison vulnerable minds with their filth, are the kind of runty, unpersonable, ****wits who don't even get bullied at school because they are chickenshit beneath the bullies radar.

I have seen a similar group in action, the leader attemting to draw in fragile minds of people who were in no mental state to resist the sliming psycological manipulation of these freaks. It is disgusting and makes me so angry it is the only time I have ever struck someone not in self defense. The puny, whining, manipulative, combed-over, jumped up, self-inflated bullshit merchant deserved a followup kicking that I still owe him.

EDIT: I would strongly advise your friend to say no at all cost, and recommend that if his gf is already buying that sh*t, that he make her see professional qualified mental help.

Plax

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
The GF in question is seriously screwed up. She is divorced, we think she has lied to my pal about her age, there have been family issues involving the Police and her last BF committed suicide.

Kinda fits, doesn't it?

I am so worried about my pal that I can't even concentrate on my work. Thanks God I'm seeing him tonight for a drink.

I'd tell him not to go. He seriously needs to re-assess his relationship too. Not necessarily dump her, but he seriously needs to step back and see what kind of impact she's having on his life. If it's for the worse, or can't be resolved them maybe she's not the one for him (easier said than done).
I had a boyfriend once who was seriously screwed up in the head. I should have guessed when I found out he had "issues" with his parents etc. He went to counselling and kept trying to tell me I had problems. He even managed to get me to go to a group session with him once. It was a total crock of shoot. I found sense and told him to go stick it. You don't realise what a drain on your self esteem and confidence they are until you tell them to go take a hike.

It's a cult!
It's a cult!
It's a cult!

Edit: beaten

Seriously, your mate needs to cut and run. How mental do you have to be to get started with one of these cults? He's got a whole bag of crazy on his hands and he needs to hoy it in a canal pronto.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Thanks everybody. I read some of this stuff: http://www.factnet.org/discus/messages/3/407.html linked by Red Tom yesterday and I became so worried I couldn't even concentrate on my work. The reason was that my pal had actually printed off some of their stuff and given it to me asking what I thought about it. Anyway, saw him yesterday evening and I needn't have worried - he was just seeking my confirmation of what he already knew. The GF is history but he has to go over this evening to collect his bike and a few other bits & pieces so perhaps he's planning to have a go at her about it. She is a complete mess, she's on the pills and spends quite a lot of her day in tears. My pal has offered her a way out of it by introducing her to cycling and walking as well as his rock-steady and completely down-to-earth personality in support but her incessant badgering him to join this organisation has finally made him realise there's no hope of anything ever approaching a normal relationship in her life. RIP one relationship. "Al Hamdillullah" as the Arabs say.

I am so horrified at what I read in that link that I think I might send it all to somebody at a newspaper or the BBC, but who, I wonder? It needs to be a journalist with an interest in cults.

Top Bottom