What do you collect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My collections...

Beer bottles, full :smile: Over 100.
Lledo models. over 1,000. Including the 'famous five'.
Tills, 4. One wooden, one dual currancy (£, shillings and pence) and one decimal. Plus a mini till pencil sharpner.
Film processing envelopes. The type that used to fall out of every newspaper and magazine before digital took over. 100's of them.
Mirrors. Over 40.
Old business cards. Before BT changed the codes, some from the 1960's :biggrin:

Collecting tea strainers at the moment... And posts 1,474. Thank you Slowgrind :sad:

Slowgrind

I think that those who say that they are not collectors should look at the number of post that they have collected!

purpleR

Guru
I live above a till shop - I think they do repairs as well. Don't know how it stays in business but it's an interesting wee place and they have a very nice big old till in the window.

I remember as a kid, the museum in Kirkcaldy had a till which you could have a shot of for 2p or something. I was mildly obsessed with it for a while.

My wooden till has a slot for coins. It also has a paper roll to write on, then rip off and hand to customer as a receipt. Featured in a BBC local radio show compitition many years ago. (Guess the sound)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Lighters it started many years ago someone bought me one back from their holidays
lighters.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
buggi said:
i have lots of sea shells in my bathroom. well, i say lots, probably about 12. it started when my brother bought me a huge one from corfu for my birthday and a few people have given me really nice ones since. not the kind you find on the beach (altho there are a couple in there) but mostly the nice big ones you have to buy.

the other thing is, i do like teddies, but they have to have a bit of an unusual face. more like baloo type face than the classic look. can't resist em if i see em.

12 !!!! How on earth do find room for them all Buggi:biggrin::biggrin:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I collect first edition books by Len Deighton and Anthony Burgess and with some musicians/bands I like to have everything they've done which is more or less the case with The Doors, The Animals and Rory Gallagher. That's probably about it.

longers

Legendary Member
I used to collect empty beer bottles before I was of an age to drink them. I loved the different shapes and labels. I had nearly two hundred before they went to the bottle bank. That was a good day out.

I also used to collect bits of animals - skulls, teeth, horns. I got rid of those too and only kept the two antlers I found.

I've started collecting miles now. They take up a lot less space and don't need dusting or burying in the garden to get the flesh off.

I also used to collect shells...

Started when I was younger...

Had loads...

Infact I collected so many I thought it would be nice to let other people see my fine collection...

So I have now placed my shell collection all around the coastal area. :smile: Enjoy! :biggrin: :sad:

longers

Legendary Member
I did collect a few shells when younger but got discouraged by finding hermit crabs in my pockets :eek:.

I've got quite a lot of "sea worn" glass from various beaches too. Looks nice in a large glass vase.

Top Bottom