What do you do.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattonsea

Über Member
I honestly I go with my gut feeling, the initial impulse that you know is the true way, sorry sounding like some Zen guru
but all the tough decisions I have made come from that space. I have recently decided on what Im going to do with the Family business
and have no regrets . :thumbsup:

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
throw them overboard,befor they sink your boat

Tin Pot

Guru
When someone you thought you were able to trust, turns into a backstabber. Willing to resort to openly lying to protect their own backside?
The reason for this change is down to the fact that you're aware of something they're doing thats illegal & you're seen as a threat to them.

Make some notes, agree actions, then go to the next meeting of the day.

Shaun

Founder
Presumably this is related to some action you're taking (or have taken) after the fact?

In which case you need to write-up everything from the very beginning. Say what was done, by whom, and when it started. Explain that you said you wouldn't get involved and that they have manufactured evidence against you because you wouldn't join in the deception. Keep out the emotion - be factual - and hope that whomever reads it gives it some credence and looks into it further.

Also think about any ways you can disprove the lies / evidence; clocking on/off entries (to show time / place); tachographs (if it's transport related); delivery / order documents; CCTV footage; staff holidays / sick days; etc. - obviously not over the whole 15 year period, but maybe catch out some of the recent fabrications, which should then cast doubt on the rest.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Most of what you have said @Shaun has already been done. The harder part is knowing what is/has been said in the manufactured documents.
Some has also been asked on one of the other forums.
But to have the police turn up at your house & give you a warning/caution for intimidation, three months after the job was lost, makes no sense whatsoever.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
As they are still on the inside and you are on the outside I fear that your opportunity for redress is limited. Whatever the circumstances, the management of the company chose to believe them instead of you.
If you still want to pursue this then realistically the only way is via a very trusted person who is still an employee there. However, in enlisting them to help you are putting their employment at risk so it would be a very big ask.
Tough as it is to say, maybe you should write this experience off and move on. I guess the only circumstance where I would be willing to pursue this would be if the fabricated documents you refer to could hurt me badly in the future. If, for example, they significantly effected my employment prospects or, worse, tied me into some fraudulent activity then I would have to find that trusted friend. Otherwise I would forget about it and move on.

But to have the police turn up at your house & give you a warning/caution for intimidation, three months after the job was lost, makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you not have to admit guilt before being issued with a caution?

Anyway, it sounds as if you are going through a tough time, so hope it all works out for you.

I am not sure if I am confused because I didn't have my coffee yet (MCA) or it's just not been made clear, but I'd advise you to a./ consult a solicitor (free initial appointment then he/she will quote you if there is a sustainable case) if you are in proper trouble, b./ leave the past where it belongs and move on with your life, if it's just a matter of disruption and/or betrayal (looks like the damage is done when you lost your job).

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Having the police arrive at your house, three months after the job was lost, "because I'm intimidating them" just by being in the same area, does make you wonder what was said, this time, in order for the police to bother paying me a visit.

Having the police arrive at your house, three months after the job was lost, "because I'm intimidating them" just by being in the same area, does make you wonder what was said, this time, in order for the police to bother paying me a visit.

Any chance you actually look like your avatar??? :eek: (no, no, Alaska is still on even if you do.. Nobody is perfect. I -for instance- enjoy occasionally flying from rooftop to rooftop!:cheers:) If so, lowering this blade hanging over your head, or even better replacing it with... dunno... say a dusting feather might improve things (slightly)?? Just an idea!!

On a more serious note, what are your options really? I think you must consult a solicitor. Have him sending them a 'nice' letter, explaining a thing or two about the possible consequences of their actions in the eyes of the law and make them realise that although you will not enter their game, you do mean business nevertheless. IMO

Look what I found for you!! That would look rather cool I think and would soften your public profile (just a tad)... :hugs:
image.jpg

Eh? Eh? :highfive:
[shakes head approvingly..]

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Any chance you actually look like your avatar??? :eek: (no, no, Alaska is still on even if you do.. Nobody is perfect. I -for instance- enjoy occasionally flying from rooftop to rooftop!:cheers:) If so, lowering this blade hanging over your head, or even better replacing it with... dunno... say a dusting feather might improve things (slightly)?? Just an idea!!

On a more serious note, what are your options really? I think you must consult a solicitor. Have him sending them a 'nice' letter, explaining a thing or two about the possible consequences of their actions in the eyes of the law and make them realise that although you will not enter their game, you do mean business nevertheless. IMO
Wheels had been set in motion before starting this thread. It was the fact that they claimed I was intimidating them, since losing the job delivered by a police officer, and being told I'm "the one that will end up with a criminal record if I continue"!!
How I fight that bit when I have no idea what they have said I don't know?
Forget the feather duster, I have a real scythe in the shed. Maybe nows the time for checking to see if it requires edging before use!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom