What do you do.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
When someone you thought you were able to trust, turns into a backstabber. Willing to resort to openly lying to protect their own backside?
The reason for this change is down to the fact that you're aware of something they're doing thats illegal & you're seen as a threat to them.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
7 deadly sins.jpeg
You are David Walsh and ICMFP

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Only you can decide what to do, but you have to ask yourself, can you live with yourself if you don't don't don't do the right thing. If what they are saying is going to do you or your reputation harm, then you have to say something. You can't let him get away with it if you are going to suffer. Hope you make the right decision for you.

when I said him I meant him or her... good luck

asterix

Comrade Member
When someone you thought you were able to trust, turns into a backstabber. Willing to resort to openly lying to protect their own backside?
The reason for this change is down to the fact that you're aware of something they're doing thats illegal & you're seen as a threat to them.

You are saying that they are lying in order to land you in the merde to save themselves. You must obviously stand up for your own interests at the earliest opportunity without giving them the slightest advantage in the situation. Any hesitation on your part will weaken your position. Rats are dangerous when cornered.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
The lying to cover their own backside has included the "manufacturing" of documents to "back" up what they are saying & prove that I'm "making things up". They have an advantage in that there are two others doing the same thing. I refused to get involved in what they were doing, so I became a threat in their eyes.
The thing that annoys me is that they were caught lying to me & denied doing so. But 15 years of being willing to trust them, were thrown out the window when they were caught out.
The backstabbing & their activities cost me my job, due to not joining them.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The lying to cover their own backside has included the "manufacturing" of documents to "back" up what they are saying & prove that I'm "making things up". They have an advantage in that there are two others doing the same thing. I refused to get involved in what they were doing, so I became a threat in their eyes.
The thing that annoys me is that they were caught lying to me & denied doing so. But 15 years of being willing to trust them, were thrown out the window when they were caught out.

So you won't be able to prove anything. ? And if you do say anything, they can say it's sour grapes on your part because you lost your job. ?
the only thing you can do is tell the truth. At least that way if anything else does happen, at least you can say you told someone.

[mod edit to fix quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That last line changes everything. You're saying you've lost your job? That's terrible. But it does entirely change the context of your question.

When you say 'What do you do...?', the first response to that question has to be another: 'What do you want?' Seems like 'the damage has been done'. Are you after revenge, or exoneration, or what? Do you want to clear your name, with a view to getting a reference? What?

It seems to me that you need to take a step back, and try, however hard it is, not to let your entirely understandable feelings of resentment and disappointment cloud your judgement. Given that you are, now, rightly or wrongly, in whatever situation you're in, what's the situation you'd like to be in? And what's the best thing you can do to bring that about? However galling, 'writing it off' and putting it down to experience might be at least part of the answer.

Horrible thing to happen. Try not to let the bastards grind you down. However this ends, they're bastards and you're not. That's worth more than any job, when all's said & done.

Top Bottom